Iradial
Wingleader
Wingleader
Iradial
Wingleader
Wingleader

June 1st, 2016, 8:38 pm #31

Syrsha @Victra, Siloren

Siloren. Another name. Syrsha clung to it as if it were precious, carefully committing it to memory. Everything that had happened since she climbed onto Nynalth's back had felt impossibly surreal, as if she might wake up at any moment to find it had all been an elaborate, lifelike dream, but names helped ground her, each one a thin connection to this strange place, this new reality. And the faster she got to know her fellow candidates, the sooner she would fit in.

She was still smiling at Victra, deciding in an instant that she liked this girl. "Oh, we don't know that for sure," she replied when the harper spoke of disappointment. "If I were here, I might have Impressed." Her tone implied she found that rather unlikely, and she did; the notion of Impressing was fantastical, reserved for heroes in stories, not people like her.

Shendi did it, she reminded herself quietly, firmly. Wasn't suitability for Impressing often genetic?

It was not quite enough to assuage her doubts, but Syrsha thrust them aside in favor of focusing on the current conversation, and she nodded at Siloren's suggestion. Stooping to pick up one of the spikes, she stood at the ready until Siloren and Victra had laid out the canvas. Uncertainty over use of the hammer returned, but she crouched when it was time, placed the stake, and struck—not enough force the first time, but after a few more taps, she felt it begin to sink into the ground.

Hah, she thought, feeling a flash of triumph as she finished. Well, that had not be nearly as hard as she thought. She'd worked herself halfway into a fit for nothing.

Preoccupied with her very minor success, Victra's question did not register at first. "Hmm?" She looked up at the blonde in momentary confusion, then glanced over at Kirjol as she realized who Victra was talking about. He was working on his own tent now—alone—and was likely far enough away that he would not hear them, but she dropped her voice anyway. "Oh. No. We've not met."

Kless
Weyrsinger
Weyrsinger
Kless
Weyrsinger
Weyrsinger

June 11th, 2016, 11:22 pm #32

D'lev, Tag Everyone

Night had fallen in the desert, the landscape only dimly illuminated by the light of Belior and Timor. The campsite itself was awash in the warm, flickering light of a well-constructed campfire, due to the efforts of Narramir and Aylraun. Several tents encircled it, all of which passed D'lev's inspection. The work was finished so now it was time for some fun.

"Alright everyone, good job! Those tents and the campfire look great. Imith and I are going to pop back to Vaioa to pick up dinner. In the meantime, drag your sleeping bags over to the fire and get comfortable. I think we were promised some stories." D'lev winked at Victra and strode over to where Imith was waiting for him.

Once D'lev was settled, the green walked a few steps out into the desert to avoid flinging sand at the campsite and launched herself. Even at night, the desert around Vaioa was more than a little warm, so D'lev welcomed the rush of air over his body. They quickly went between, emerging out over Vaioa's now familiar double crater.

The pair then set down in front of the entrance to the lower cavern, where D'lev swiftly dismounted. "I'll be right back. Don't go anywhere," he teased his dragon lightly.

Okay, Imith replied, her tone a little confused. Where would she go? They would be going back to the campsite of course, but not yet.

D'lev found his way to the dining hall, which was far from empty at this candlemark. Many riders sat at the long tables playing dragon poker and drinking wine. He nodded to a few of his acquaintances but did not stray from his path to the kitchen.

"Hey there," D'lev called out as he entered to find a single occupant, a tall man with dark hair and copper skin. "I'm looking for some food I requested for the candidate camping trip. Can you help me with that?"

The man seemed to take a second to consider his request but finally nodded and led the greenrider to one of the pantries. A large bundle lay on what looked to be a prepping table. "Wow! I guess I didn't think about how much food we would need," D'lev exclaimed, trying to decide if he could carry it by himself. He glanced at the kitchen worker and realized he hadn't gotten the man's name.

"I'm sorry, I don't think I introduced myself. I am candidate master D'lev of green Imith. What's your name?" The quiet man introduced himself as Naddein and agreed to help D'lev carry the food out to where Imith was waiting.

The two men worked together to secure the bundle to her straps, which took a few minutes, given its awkward shape. Naddein didn't say much as they worked and D'lev got the impression he was rather shy. "You know," he began as an idea occurred to him, "I'm probably going to need more help with this when we get to the campsite. You should come along. I'll talk to the kitchen in the morning if anyone wants to know where you went. Unless it's Headwoman Aerella, I'm pretty sure I'll outrank them." He winked at Naddein to show he was joking and waited for the man's answer.

Again Naddein seemed rather hesitant, but in the end he agreed, and D'lev had him up on Imith's neck in no time. The trio popped between and then headed for the bright spot of light in the darkness below them.

"Dinner is served! Naddein here has bestowed upon us meatrolls, sweet dough, and the makings of the best klah you will ever taste: the kind that is brewed over an open campfire. Be sure to thank him and dig in!"

(Since the Pernese don't have marshmellows, we can have them roast sugary dough with klah bark incorrporated for a chocolate/cinnamon/coffee taste on skewers instead.)
[align=center]
Thread Tracker | Shop | Bank
Ruby Weyrling K'jol & Bronze Pelemoth | Sandstone Wingrider Ber'ard & Copper Ackith
Granite Wingthird E'na & Brown Nasuth | Master Dragonhealer Ircha & Blue Kibeth
Candidate Master D'lev & Green Imith | Flint Wingrider N'thi & Green Kynath
Coal Wingrider Tas'ver & Black Osuth | Jade Weyrling E'en & Graphite Eiruth
[/align]

Kolstoi
Wingsecond
Wingsecond
Kolstoi
Wingsecond
Wingsecond

June 14th, 2016, 3:44 pm #33

Ayanna was fairly proud of the tent they'd finally managed to rig up, as it seemed pretty sturdy and not likely to fall down on their heads in the night, which basically encapsulated all of the desirable qualities in a tent. She'd grinned at Mervi and Talia when they'd finally finished, wiping sweat off of her brow. Faranth, it was hot out in the desert. Growing up in High Reaches had not done her any favors for her transfer to Vaioa, and even though it had been turns she still wasn't entirely used to it.

"If you two want, you can set your sleeping stuff up near mine," Ayanna chirped at the pair of other candidates after D'lev had made his announcement. She'd already begun the process of unrolling hers near the fire, fastidiously slapping sand off of the topmost blanket in what she knew was a pointless endeavor.

In the name of small talk, Ayanna decided to keep running her mouth as she settled down on top of her sleeping roll. "I hope he comes back quickly. Something about being out here in the desert has me hungrier than I think I've ever been. Maybe it's all the sun. Or all this sand." She fished about on her belt for her canteen of water, taking a quick quaff from it.

The candidatemaster's return (and with food! Glorious dinner!) had Ayanna pushing herself up off of the ground and making her way over to assist D'lev with unburdening his dragon, curious eyes lingering on the new person that had been brought back with him.

"Thank you for dinner!" She said with a sunny smile, wondering if she detected a hint of sunburn around her eyes when they crinkled. Ayanna quickly made her way back to her sleeping roll with her food, mouth already watering with anticipation for the sugary dough she'd gnabbed.
♥ Marble Wingleader Bryn & [color=D20000]Garnet Izaxth[/color] ♥ Shale Wingrider A'yar & Copper Sith ♥ Ruby Class Weyrlings Ayanna & Copper Acosezeth ♥ Sandstone Wingrider Gwen & [color=a36444]Brown[/color] Eamith ♥ Dragonhealer/Amber Wingrider T'ian & Blue Kyzzith ♥ Shale Wingrider H'ic & Green Cearth ♥Marble Wingrider L'aal & [color=AA99AA]Graphite[/color] Aelith ♥ Steel Squad Tosst & [color=424242]Grey[/color] Tosk ♥ Brass Squad Heliodor & [color=66c44c]Green[/color] Hesk ♥ Ailwyn, dragon candidate ♥ Black Weyrling B'wen & Black Tristonth
♥
[align=center]
💕Plotting Masterpost💕[/align]