Work Week

Work Week

April 20th, 2008, 1:51 pm #1

What a great week!

WE HAD 67 PEOPLE OVER ALL SHOW UP, 16 OF THEM WERE NEW FACES THAT WE WELCOMED WITH OPEN ARMS.

14 STATES WERE REPRESENTED: OH, IL, IA, NC, NJ, AZ, FL, MD, RI, WV, MS, TN, KY, IN

WHAT A HUGE AMOUNT OF WORK WAS DONE!

April 20th, 2008, 2:39 pm #2

Thanks go out to those who were able to attend and do the needed work. From some photos I've seen, the ship is very close to being "ship shape". With the original crew of over one hundred shipmates, it wasn't easy to keep it that way and twice as hard with half that amount now. Some people are working overtime to be sure.

Did SeaBat bring enough of her "famous cookies" to get her all the soft job available .. if there were any softies?

April 20th, 2008, 8:41 pm #3

I didn't get one Seabat cookie and I'm going going to forget it. There is nothing right about that!

I'm not talking to Seabat.

Last edited by Son-of-Rosie on April 20th, 2008, 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 20th, 2008, 8:44 pm #4

Thanks go out to those who were able to attend and do the needed work. From some photos I've seen, the ship is very close to being "ship shape". With the original crew of over one hundred shipmates, it wasn't easy to keep it that way and twice as hard with half that amount now. Some people are working overtime to be sure.

Did SeaBat bring enough of her "famous cookies" to get her all the soft job available .. if there were any softies?
I didn't get one Seabat cookie and I'm not going to forget it. There is nothing right about that!

April 20th, 2008, 8:45 pm #5

no special favors due to the cookies from my perspective. As a matter of fact, most of the week when I saw her she was in her coveralls sporting hearing, eye and breathing protection, and doing a heck of a job at removing paint down to bare metal in the old boiler room.

There's no denying she is a veteran of the needle gun now.
Last edited by switt81555 on April 20th, 2008, 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 20th, 2008, 9:06 pm #6

Needle-gunning is a poor excuse for no cookies.

Last edited by Son-of-Rosie on April 20th, 2008, 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 20th, 2008, 9:08 pm #7

no special favors due to the cookies from my perspective. As a matter of fact, most of the week when I saw her she was in her coveralls sporting hearing, eye and breathing protection, and doing a heck of a job at removing paint down to bare metal in the old boiler room.

There's no denying she is a veteran of the needle gun now.
Needle-gunning is a poor excuse for no Seabat cookies.

April 20th, 2008, 10:43 pm #8

I didn't get one Seabat cookie and I'm not going to forget it. There is nothing right about that!

I brought a BIG box full... the gals in the office had a small share.. the rest were in the galley.. (I didn't want to get paint chips in with the chocolate chips) I know you HAD to check out the galley... the smells coming from there all week were heavenly!

Joe will vouch for me, I know - in addition to those who were seen walking through the tank deck with a fist full... I knew that they wouldn't let me aboard without them...

And I was wondering.. Capt. J said that Jonathan showed up.. How did I miss THAT???? Was it because I was hiding in the boiler room with the needle gun?
Last edited by SeaBat on April 20th, 2008, 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 20th, 2008, 11:15 pm #9

Chris must have ate them!!!

April 21st, 2008, 12:25 am #10

It was tough to limit myself to just 1 but wanted others to be able to enjoy them. I didn't get there til Wed & there were still some there. Guess not everyone knows Joe's hiding places.... or maybe a little smoozing with the cook gets access to the cookie safe? The store bought cookies were in sight but the SeaBat yummy ones were tucked away......