What a busy day in History!!!

What a busy day in History!!!

April 18th, 2012, 2:44 pm #1

Today is the 70th Anniversary of the Dolittle Raid on Japan... this was the beginning of the turning points in WWII. Up to that point in time, Japan thought they were invincible. It shamed their rulers in that they had been promising their people that no enemies could ever reach them. Dolittle and his Raiders proved them wrong!!! (If any of you are in the Dayton area, they are now closing up a reunion event for the five surviving Raiders with a B-25 fly in. From the press reports, it has been quite an event!)

We also remember Ernie Pyle today. He was the voice of our troops during WWII. This is the anniversary of his death on Okinawa.

Lastly, today is also Holocaust Remembrance Day. Take a moment to pray for the souls of those who were slaughtered by the enemy. Too many gone too soon... what would our world be like today if the talents and gifts of those people had been allowed to blossom and grow? We will never know.

April 19th, 2012, 4:20 am #2

I don't think he was killed on Okinawa. I think it was IE Shima.

April 19th, 2012, 5:46 am #3

it is an island off Iwo Jima. Ernie was reburied on Iwo Jima. Another good HOOSIER, Seabat! The Ernie Pyle School of Jornalism at IU. Hoosier Daddy Now?

April 19th, 2012, 10:16 pm #4

Last I knew, he was NAVY!!!! lol... sorry about the error!

Is Jerry treating you any better today, Chris? Saw him in some of the photos!