VETERANS DAY

VETERANS DAY

November 6th, 2010, 8:30 pm #1

RIVER CITY THUNDERBOLTS PROUDLY ANNOUNCE THE FIRST ANNUAL VETERANS DAY PARADE IN EVANSVILLE, INDIANA. IT WILL BE HELD ON SATURDAY NOVEMBER 13TH AT 2:00 EVANSVILLE TIME. PLEASE COME AND JOIN US IN THANKING THE VETERANS OF ALL WARS FOR WHAT THEY HAVE DONE FOR US. AFTER ALL IF NOT FOR THEM SOME OF US WOULD NOT BE HERE. GOD BLESS AMERICA.

The LST has 5 vehicles in it itself and is also a member of our Chapter. Please come and support the parade and Thank our veterans. A listing of the participants is on our website www.rivercitythunderboltmvcc.com.
Last edited by FriendlyWaters on November 6th, 2010, 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 10th, 2010, 11:00 am #2

Why is it that Garry, (in the 4th position with the MASH jeep) can't participate with the rest of the LST contingency? (in the 28th of 32 positions)
Last edited by MM3LPD15 on November 10th, 2010, 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 10th, 2010, 12:24 pm #3

Garry is the Chairman of the parade. The placement was picked as the applications were turned in. Garry asked for the jeep earlier this year with intentions of using it for the Grand Marshals. Plans changed but he is still planning on driving it in the parade. I hope this answers your question. Thanks for asking.
Last edited by FriendlyWaters on November 10th, 2010, 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 10th, 2010, 12:55 pm #4

My ball, my game, my rules. What about all the other late comers that didn't go to the end of the line?

November 10th, 2010, 1:06 pm #5

Garry is the Chairman of the parade. The placement was picked as the applications were turned in. Garry asked for the jeep earlier this year with intentions of using it for the Grand Marshals. Plans changed but he is still planning on driving it in the parade. I hope this answers your question. Thanks for asking.
What happened to the mayor in your previous explanation? I thought he was riding with Garry. Now back to my original question. Why can't he participate as a part of the LST unit?
Last edited by MM3LPD15 on November 10th, 2010, 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 10th, 2010, 9:22 pm #6

My ball, my game, my rules. What about all the other late comers that didn't go to the end of the line?
Wally, I don't know which late comers you refer to.

November 10th, 2010, 9:24 pm #7

What happened to the mayor in your previous explanation? I thought he was riding with Garry. Now back to my original question. Why can't he participate as a part of the LST unit?
Wally, Let's take this as it is. This is a parade for the Veterans. We are honoring them, not which unit is first or second or last. They were lined pretty much the way they were. Let it go.

November 10th, 2010, 9:46 pm #8

Then it won't hurt Garry (An LST crew member and board member)to join the rest of the LST group WITH the LST MASH jeep. It's not about what position we're in, it's not about Garry driving the jeep. It is about why he can't be a part of the LST group in the LST jeep. Has he got something to be ashamed of?

November 10th, 2010, 10:23 pm #9

Wallly, I've said what I've got to say, the line up is as stated in your letter. Garry has nothing to be ashamed of. We are not going to air the politics of the ship on-line. This is about the Veterans and the parade is about the Veterans. Garry is the Chairman of the parade and his position is in the front of the parade. Thanks for all your wonderful questions. We look forward to seeing you at the parade.

November 10th, 2010, 11:45 pm #10

Wally, Your posting on this web site are both uncalled for and are unacceptable. They are at the same time childish and have nothing to do with honoring veterans. You choose a poor time to post negative muttering. Oh, by the way, evidently Kenny forgot to tell you that the request for the Mash jeep was made several months back for the very reason that it is near the front of the parade. The request at that time was not for an entry from the ship but for the jeep. The entry from the ship is WELCOMED and SHOULD BE a part of the parade. In your defense, you are not the first person to be suckered into doing behind the back dirty work of the person responsible for this subject that should have never been posted.