Update

Update

September 19th, 2008, 11:23 am #1

My time has been at extreme premium the last few days... apologies.

The ship is still in Ft. Madison. The crew has gotten some much needed rest, but they are doing a great deal of work as well. Everything that needs to be off loaded when they arrive at Evansville is organized and ready to do so. They are also working - chipping and painting, cleaning and doing some mechanical maintenance. Time is not being wasted! Captain, Ad and Bruce are directing the Ship's compliment to make good use of their time as they wait for the river level to drop. Everyone is well.

September 20th, 2008, 1:00 am #2

at the ship today.... the crew dined on spare ribs, potato salad and baked beans and enjoyed every mouthful! I understand that no one can make spare ribs as tasty as Jim Voelker's!!!

The crew is doing a lot of chipping and painting and working on maintenance projects.

They're anxious to get back to Evansville, but must wait on the river...

Everyone is doing well. They're enjoying themselves and getting a lot done but are eager to sail.

September 20th, 2008, 1:16 am #3

are they going to get underway Sat

September 20th, 2008, 2:44 am #4

that they hope to... but so much depends on the level of the river.

As long as they all stay safe - that is the main thing!

September 20th, 2008, 2:54 am #5

hope she lowers it so they can take off. Based on the original schedule, Ft. Madison was about 3 days & 4 hrs to Ev. Guess that would put them home on Tues. Hope we have a large group of people there to welcome them home! Since they are coming down river I think they have right of way over traffic going up. (I'm bad on directions but I think that's right.) The river cam is very boring without her there! (& the angle didn't appear to be changed yet)

September 20th, 2008, 4:44 pm #6

My time has been at extreme premium the last few days... apologies.

The ship is still in Ft. Madison. The crew has gotten some much needed rest, but they are doing a great deal of work as well. Everything that needs to be off loaded when they arrive at Evansville is organized and ready to do so. They are also working - chipping and painting, cleaning and doing some mechanical maintenance. Time is not being wasted! Captain, Ad and Bruce are directing the Ship's compliment to make good use of their time as they wait for the river level to drop. Everyone is well.
(They are in central time zone.) May you have smooth seas & the right of way all the way to Evansville. We're anxious to see all of you pull in!

I copied the short article but if you go to the site there is a good pic of the LST docked.

<a href="http://www.westburlingtoncity.com/index ... =1&pb=1</a" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.westburlingtoncity.com/index ... =1&pb=1</a>

West Burlington IA News-Sports-Opinion
West Burlington Iowa News, Sports, and Opinion
Post details: LST Leaves Ft. Madison Today
09/20/08 08:22:01 am, Categories: All Posts, 49 words

LST Leaves Ft. Madison Today
High water delayed departure for several days.

LST-325 will depart Fort Madison today around noon heading for its homeport in Evansville, Indiana. The LST was scheduled to leave Monday but high water made it impossible for the tall LST to navigate under low bridges.

Last edited by jo_wa on September 20th, 2008, 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.