Two photos from Peoria...

Two photos from Peoria...

August 27th, 2007, 2:33 am #1

Many thanks to Anna Adams for sharing with us!

Four of the Gold Crew's finest...
Dewey Taylor, Rocky Hill, Ed Strobel and Don Lockas

When I was asked to caption this photo, several options come to mind...

"Modeling Merchandise"
"Rocky Hill - Kid at heart"
"The face you just have to love"

August 27th, 2007, 6:47 am #2

And I can't take credit for it because it's from Sherry but here it is. "That face could make a freight train take a dirt road!" I hop Diane didn't see this pic. And also, I notice Dewey is still sitting on Rocky's lap. That's what got us in trouble at Kipplees. It' pretty bad when Don Lockas is the best behaved gator in the bunch!

August 27th, 2007, 10:38 pm #3

will buy that, Chris. As a matter of fact we had dinner with Rocky and Diane and other crewmembers Saturday night and I didn't get stuck with the bill like someone else I heard a story about.

As far as my picture caption, given the great personality Rocky has, it would be:

"Never a Dull Moment"

August 27th, 2007, 11:08 pm #4

"Modeling Merchandise"
Check out this great photo taken by Sherry Witt in Peoria.

Dawn breaks on the LST.

Last edited by Son-of-Rosie on August 27th, 2007, 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 28th, 2007, 7:15 pm #5

"Modeling Merchandise"
Sue thats good looking crew I noticed that Ed Strobel was there I knew that he would be also Corbin Fowkes gold crew was planning on making the trip he is gold Crew we were on 2003 trip for complete trip. is the names of crew posted if so I have missed it.Have some friends from my area that are going out to tour ship in Henry hope they have checked on her location I mentioned that there may be problem with high water. Dominick Perruso

August 28th, 2007, 8:27 pm #6

Check out this great photo taken by Sherry Witt in Peoria.

Dawn breaks on the LST.

Were you still there as dawn cracked or had you left & come back? I know the way you guys work & can imagine you worked all night long! Great pic!

August 28th, 2007, 8:35 pm #7

Sue thats good looking crew I noticed that Ed Strobel was there I knew that he would be also Corbin Fowkes gold crew was planning on making the trip he is gold Crew we were on 2003 trip for complete trip. is the names of crew posted if so I have missed it.Have some friends from my area that are going out to tour ship in Henry hope they have checked on her location I mentioned that there may be problem with high water. Dominick Perruso
I believe there are 6 gold crew in Peoria. Other crew memebers (blue, red, etc)started in Evansville & left or were leaving this am if they had commitments & new ones have boarded so other than those 6, the names change. We do have a brand new retired Navyman who has been there volunteering every day & will be joining the crew home. He was in his dress whites on Sunday & his blue work yesterday & today. Due to the weather conditions in Peoria (HOT!) his dress whites were taken to the cleaners today by a dutiful wife. He's a great guy & I'm sure you will see him around sometime as he plans to help out in Evansville as he can. His name is Bob & he's from Peoria. Welcome Bob!

August 28th, 2007, 11:09 pm #8

of meeting Bob this weekend and yes Jo, without a doubt he is a great guy. He was so thrilled and excited to be volunteering aboard the ship. Nice to hear he will be joining the crew back to Evansville. I look forward to running across him again.

August 28th, 2007, 11:36 pm #9

I believe there are 6 gold crew in Peoria. Other crew memebers (blue, red, etc)started in Evansville & left or were leaving this am if they had commitments & new ones have boarded so other than those 6, the names change. We do have a brand new retired Navyman who has been there volunteering every day & will be joining the crew home. He was in his dress whites on Sunday & his blue work yesterday & today. Due to the weather conditions in Peoria (HOT!) his dress whites were taken to the cleaners today by a dutiful wife. He's a great guy & I'm sure you will see him around sometime as he plans to help out in Evansville as he can. His name is Bob & he's from Peoria. Welcome Bob!
The term “Blue and Gold” crew is steeped in U.S. Navy history and tradition. What is a “Red” crew?

August 29th, 2007, 5:41 am #10

will buy that, Chris. As a matter of fact we had dinner with Rocky and Diane and other crewmembers Saturday night and I didn't get stuck with the bill like someone else I heard a story about.

As far as my picture caption, given the great personality Rocky has, it would be:

"Never a Dull Moment"
I'm expecting some payback at the stage door canteen!