Those porta Johns

Those porta Johns

October 10th, 2005, 9:30 pm #1

just don't quite interest me as much as the ship does. I tried and tried to get interested in them all day...but it just isn't doing it for me. Earlier the cam was pointed at the top of the main gangway, that was nice. Chris, was this your idea...to see who was sluffing off in the "Portables"?

Ann

October 10th, 2005, 10:55 pm #2

I was wondering about that too, Ann, but compared to others I've seen around here those Evansville ones looks so colorful & inviting - with those lovely pastel shades ;O) Sort of like real-time "Powder Rooms" might be?

October 11th, 2005, 1:28 am #3

just don't quite interest me as much as the ship does. I tried and tried to get interested in them all day...but it just isn't doing it for me. Earlier the cam was pointed at the top of the main gangway, that was nice. Chris, was this your idea...to see who was sluffing off in the "Portables"?

Ann
The Captain sent out an alert than TP was disappearing at an alarming rate and since I'm in charge of the head, he told me to crack this case. That's why the head-shot.

I hope Jonathan doesn't read this forum but my two major suspects are him and Rocky. The scuttlebutt on the ship is that Rocky stocks up on TP, shaving cream and eggs about this time every year. I still haven't figured out why? But anyway, I've put it back to the view of the ship just to keep you gals happy.

October 11th, 2005, 5:34 am #4

I was wondering about that too, Ann, but compared to others I've seen around here those Evansville ones looks so colorful & inviting - with those lovely pastel shades ;O) Sort of like real-time "Powder Rooms" might be?
Pat, are you in cahoots with Seabat, Jo, and Ann? I hope you're not joing those high-maintenance gals who have come to be known as the Chris-Bashers.

October 11th, 2005, 2:05 pm #5

that Chris painted them himself. That's probably the real reason the cam was on them so long yesterday. He wanted everyone to be aware that he was responsible for those wonderful hi-lighted colors. NOW HEAR THIS...Rumor has it, when you look down on the left hand bottom corner of them you will see Chris's endorsement.

Ann

October 12th, 2005, 5:15 pm #6

Pat, are you in cahoots with Seabat, Jo, and Ann? I hope you're not joing those high-maintenance gals who have come to be known as the Chris-Bashers.
Don't worry Chris - I'm the "Queen of the Confined Spaces" and I'm usually following the "Adams Gal Welders" with a patch-up paint brush.(I will try to get our "Lame Duck Webbie" to add the photos to this message)

When you are down in Dry Stores though, think of me painting the bulkheads inside of those metal shelves & also those tight corners in the "head" areas of the Crew's washroom

Jonathan is really my friend, too but I wish he would tell somebody where he's hiding all the "stuff" that disappears, including a couple of black-binders I put together with collection accessioning files but I suppose he's got his reasons for doing the mischievous things he does.

You might have a whole lot of "corn" around Evansville but it is one terrific place & I can't wait to get back! Don't mind Sea Bat & Ann as they know more about LST's than the original builders did, I'm certain of that. They are both daughters of WWII LST Veterans so no wonder they are so fiesty and ready to "rock & roll"

<font size=1>WebSkipper325 added photos by request</font>
Last edited by WebSkipper325 on October 12th, 2005, 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 13th, 2005, 10:38 pm #7

kudos, Pat... Now if I can just get your Frank to teach me to cook!!! (Boiling water would be a good start...grin)

All that I've learned, I've learned from some wonderful Gators....and reading, and asking a couple million questions....

(We're having too much fun teasing Chris to let him know how nice we really are....)

Tell Frank we asked you both to pop in here more often...we miss you when you're away!
Last edited by SeaBat on October 13th, 2005, 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 14th, 2005, 4:34 am #8

All of you gals can now get your "Chris Basher" T-Shirts at the gift shop. Or you can order online at www.whickeralterego.com.

October 14th, 2005, 10:30 am #9

have just arrived as I didn't see them on Tuesday!

Speaking (seriously) of the Ship's Store/Office.. what a wonderful facility! Thanks to all who are working on it. Although it was still receiving the final touches when the Ohio group came through, they were open for business and it looked great! The Evansville volunteers were working hard! Lois and Anna were selling Ship's merchandise and training workers at the same time. (Lois, won't it be nice not to have to carry those plastic bins around other than for storage?)

Pictures coming....

October 14th, 2005, 4:34 pm #10

I finally met Anna and Kenny Thursday afternoon. But I thought Anna was Ann and I layed into her thinking she was the troublemaker. My apologies, Anna. It was nice to meet a gal who isn't a Chris-Basher.