Things just get better and better

Things just get better and better

April 1st, 2007, 1:10 pm #1

In March, LSTmemorial.org, the Memorial's website had 16,465 page loads. This is very good for a website like ours that is focused on one specific topic.

A new Progress Report page update was loaded yesterday. A BRAVO ZULU to Don Hardesty who takes the photos and writes the updates. Don always has a great attitude, even when the maintenance crew runs him out of his Archives office with the needle-gunning.

What can one say about the tour guides? These men are the best tour guides in the world. NOT ONE TIME since the ship arrived in Evansville have I ever received a complaint about a tour guide not doing a good job on a tour -- nothing but high praise from the visitors.

A tremendous BRAVO ZULU to the ship's maintenance crew. Pete Crasher and Ray Cashen work six full days a week on the ship, and all of the maintenance crewman do yeoman's work for LST 325. The last time Bruce Voges was in town he couldn't believe the improvements in the ship. He wouldn't stop talking about it.

And last but not least, perhaps our least appreciated group -- the office ladies. Most of the men have no clue about all of the work these ladies do for the ship. Just managing the paperwork that goes with memberships and LST Week could keep an office staff busy year-around, and that is but one of myriad responsibilities of the Memorial office staff.

Mike Whicker

Last edited by Son-of-Rosie on April 1st, 2007, 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 1st, 2007, 4:25 pm #2

and in awe of everything that is being accomplished in the seven months since we have seen the ship.

To the Tour Guides: One of the pleasurable things about working on restoring the ship is the opportunity to hear your enthusiastic voices when leading the tours around where I'm working. I can't wait to hear those voices again. You do a wonderful job.

Gift shop/office personnel: Thanks for taking care of all those details and paperwork that some just don't like to do.

Don: LOVE the style you've incorporated into the Progress Reports.

To my fellow Maintence Crew volunteers: Knock it off!!! I want to have something to do when we get there again! Just kidding - her true glory is really shining through thanks to all of you. But at least leave me some time consuming, fine detail painting to do or something!

And finally to the City of Evansville: Thank you so much for embracing her, and all the military history linked to your great city.

Our Grand Old Lady certainly has found a most wonderful home. As the Captain has said, she's the luckiest LST ever built.

And I'm one lucky girl for finding out about the Memorial and getting involved.

April 3rd, 2007, 4:27 am #3

In March, LSTmemorial.org, the Memorial's website had 16,465 page loads. This is very good for a website like ours that is focused on one specific topic.

A new Progress Report page update was loaded yesterday. A BRAVO ZULU to Don Hardesty who takes the photos and writes the updates. Don always has a great attitude, even when the maintenance crew runs him out of his Archives office with the needle-gunning.

What can one say about the tour guides? These men are the best tour guides in the world. NOT ONE TIME since the ship arrived in Evansville have I ever received a complaint about a tour guide not doing a good job on a tour -- nothing but high praise from the visitors.

A tremendous BRAVO ZULU to the ship's maintenance crew. Pete Crasher and Ray Cashen work six full days a week on the ship, and all of the maintenance crewman do yeoman's work for LST 325. The last time Bruce Voges was in town he couldn't believe the improvements in the ship. He wouldn't stop talking about it.

And last but not least, perhaps our least appreciated group -- the office ladies. Most of the men have no clue about all of the work these ladies do for the ship. Just managing the paperwork that goes with memberships and LST Week could keep an office staff busy year-around, and that is but one of myriad responsibilities of the Memorial office staff.

Mike Whicker
You have no aurgument from me or anyone I know. You did leave out one important person who also does a lot of work and puts up with most of the problems and just works them out -- that is you Mike Whicker! ( I bet Chris thought I was going to mention him!)

We also have Ad Munford, Bill Arras, Gary Hisel and Kenny Adams, who have all given way beyond the call of duty. Capt. 325

April 3rd, 2007, 7:24 am #4

Every time you mention my name on here it costs me beer and/or pizza. Or the gator gals awaken and use me for target practice. I've been enjoying the anonymity while being in the "rear with the gear".

However you are correct about all that Mike does day in and day out. Then there's that skilled maintenance team, and those tour guide hunks , Don our archivist, all the gals in the office, and all those who will be arriving soon for work week, all those working behind the scenes. Wow Captain, it's scary how big this whole LST 325 thing is getting. Now we gotta build more hotels in Evansville.

And a special timely BZ to Gary and Kenny for their recent accomplishment for 2009. And Kenny, if you and Anna are coming for work week, don't forget about the Killians you owe me after your wife cleaned out my stock last Fall.