Thank you Sarge

Thank you Sarge

June 7th, 2010, 1:36 am #1

Sarge, I would personally like to Thank you for all your efforts in putting together the D-Day invasion the last years. It has been a wonderful event and the people in Evansville and surrounding areas have really appreciated it. Our MVPA Chapter (River City Thunderbolts) have been honored to be included in the program. It is with great sorrow that we have learned this year was the last year the D-Day invasion will happen. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication. As Bob Hope would have said Thank you for the memories.

Tammy & Garry Hisel

June 7th, 2010, 2:49 am #2

The D-day re-enactments have been a real history lesson. Thanks to you Sarge & all the re-enactors for all the hard work, time & enduring the weather to hold this for us. We're sorry to hear this was the last year. There's not enough war history taught in the schools anymore. I'm also very sad to say the papers didn't mention D-day's anniversary today. Our local paper did a magazine section with write ups on the Veterans earlier this week but it was all Veterans, nothing special for D-day.
Jo & Steve

June 7th, 2010, 11:22 am #3

June 8th, 2010, 11:03 pm #4

Wally, and all interested.
I have already been scouting for locations close by, I talked with sarge over the weekend and he was all for me looking. I might have found somewhere in Newburgh, where we will still be able to use the Higgins boats. I will keep you posted.
jls

June 9th, 2010, 1:30 pm #5

It won't be the same without the LST sitting next to it. That was part of the greatness of the activity. Maybe all the problems can be solved and we can continue on.