TAPS

TAPS

February 4th, 2008, 10:04 pm #1

Just got a call from my mom, Tony Martelliano passed away at 12:00 pm today. She wanted me to thank everyone who took time to write and send him photos over the last 9 months. They really brightened his day.

February 4th, 2008, 11:40 pm #2

I know how much Tony meant to you. He truly was one of the Greatest Generation. He's now sailing the smoothest seas any Sailor ever would wish for!

Godspeed!
Last edited by SeaBat on February 4th, 2008, 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 5th, 2008, 2:48 pm #3

Just got a call from my mom, Tony Martelliano passed away at 12:00 pm today. She wanted me to thank everyone who took time to write and send him photos over the last 9 months. They really brightened his day.
You can be sure these last months of you knowing him personally and keeping in contact has made those final months for him much more bearable and happy. I commend you for how you worked on his behalf bringing back memories of long, long ago. Thanks also for sharing the photos.

Like each of the Greatest Generation in passing, he takes with him a mountain of memories, some of which you were able to hear and share, the others gone forever.