Starboard hull

Starboard hull

July 14th, 2007, 2:46 am #1

A tremendous BRAVO ZULU to Ray Cashen, Doug Myers, Sam Richey and Tyler Fitzsimmons.

Today (July 13) they painted the entire starboard hull from one of the Higgins boats.

July 14th, 2007, 6:53 am #2

Doug found a way to paint the Bow?
OR
Is Doug the superhero Spiderman?

July 14th, 2007, 8:57 am #3

You know that Mike meant starboard "bow"!

July 14th, 2007, 4:08 pm #4

Maybe you should come down and LOOK. They painted the WHOLE STARBOARD SIDE. Some people should spend more time on the ship if they are going to become commentators.

July 14th, 2007, 4:34 pm #5

more time at the ship if it wasn't for such minor details as jobs & distance! I think it was time for someone to get a little good natured ribbing in here, it's been pretty calm lately... lol! That's the great part of this forum.... learn & have fun!

July 14th, 2007, 4:36 pm #6

A tremendous BRAVO ZULU to Ray Cashen, Doug Myers, Sam Richey and Tyler Fitzsimmons.

Today (July 13) they painted the entire starboard hull from one of the Higgins boats.
to do something like that? Where there's a will there's a way! Did anyone take an unplanned dip in the river?

July 14th, 2007, 5:18 pm #7

more time at the ship if it wasn't for such minor details as jobs & distance! I think it was time for someone to get a little good natured ribbing in here, it's been pretty calm lately... lol! That's the great part of this forum.... learn & have fun!
Everyone KNOWS what a great job ALL of the volunteers do... from those in Evansville (and more intensive there because you live very near) and from those who live away and travel at their own expense to come and work. Part of what we are here for is to preserve history... but we need to have a bit of fun occasionally - it's good for morale.

Don.. maybe you met Flt Tech during work week.. if not, look for him during the River trip - he'll be on board.

I also agree that it's a huge BZ to Ray, Doug, Sam and Tyler. These guys are the best!

Last edited by SeaBat on July 14th, 2007, 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 14th, 2007, 6:00 pm #8

Chris Donahue does a lot of good things for the ship that many never know about.

Anyway, here are some photos of the paint job done Friday by Ray Cashen, Doug Myers, Sam Richey and Tyler Fitzsimmons. The starboard hull was looking poorly, but not now.

Last edited by Son-of-Rosie on July 14th, 2007, 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 14th, 2007, 6:49 pm #9

Everyone KNOWS what a great job ALL of the volunteers do... from those in Evansville (and more intensive there because you live very near) and from those who live away and travel at their own expense to come and work. Part of what we are here for is to preserve history... but we need to have a bit of fun occasionally - it's good for morale.

Don.. maybe you met Flt Tech during work week.. if not, look for him during the River trip - he'll be on board.

I also agree that it's a huge BZ to Ray, Doug, Sam and Tyler. These guys are the best!
Some of you folks don't realize I'm not referring to anyone from out of town. I'm talking about some locals who like to take a lot of credit for knowledge and work that has never existed. And they know who they are. I'm not against have fun as anyone who knows me can attest. But some of the silliness should be left to email.......

July 14th, 2007, 7:53 pm #10

Didn't a group of volunteers from a company in Evansville come over about a year ago and paint the same side of the ship ? Is the weather up there that destructive to the paint ?

It sure looks nice, shiny and ready for a tour up river.