Son-of Rosie

Son-of Rosie

May 19th, 2008, 11:02 pm #1

Has the crew been set for the Mississippi River Tour? I would like to be a part of it if I can. Please let me know.

May 20th, 2008, 3:32 am #2

Captain Jornlin is the final authority on who is among the 35 to 40 men who will crew the ship on all the voyages. The captain picks the crew on the basis of needs of the ship -- so many engineroom crewmen are needed, so many helmsmen, radiomen, deck crew, cooks, etc.

To be eligible, all potential crew have to have at least 80 hours of service already logged, and I know the captain usually takes into account seniority if all else is equal as far as what that crewmen can do for the ship on the voyage.

If you have the captain's email address, send him a note. If you don't have his address, email LST325@hotmail.com and your email will be forwarded to him.

Thanks for your interest in helping the ship.

May 20th, 2008, 3:36 am #3

Has the crew been set for the Mississippi River Tour? I would like to be a part of it if I can. Please let me know.
Captain Jornlin is the final authority on who is among the 35 to 40 men who will crew the ship on all the voyages. The captain picks the crew on the basis of needs of the ship -- so many engineroom crewmen are needed, so many helmsmen, radiomen, deck crew, cooks, etc.

To be eligible, all potential crew have to have at least 80 hours of service already logged, and I know the captain usually takes into account seniority if all else is equal as far as what that crewmen can do for the ship on the voyage.

If you have the captain's email address, send him a note detailing specifically what skills you have and what tasks you can do while the ship is underway. If you don't have his address, email LST325@hotmail.com and your email will be forwarded to him.

Thanks for your interest in helping the ship. Good luck.