Shipmates are gathering...

Shipmates are gathering...

April 18th, 2009, 2:24 am #1

for Work Week. When I arrived at the ship this evening, fellows were moving their gear aboard.. and more shipmates are coming in tomorrow. The desk clerk at the hotel told me they had lots of reservations - some already checked in and others coming in later.

Everyone is anxious to get started. Here's to a great start for a great week!

April 18th, 2009, 3:47 am #2

at the ship for a few minutes today. I'm sorry I missed you Susie. I didn't know you were here yet. I saw Tom Price out of Ohio, Ron Maranto out of Louisiana, Bob Barbier out of Illinois, Ray Studer out of Illinois, Bill Morgan out of KY, Fred and Sandra Scherer out of Ohio and Terry Tull out of Iowa and Ad Mumford out of Florida. I didn't see Harry Zillion but I know he was there somewhere. It was GREAT to look up at the ship and see the activity of everyone walking around and knowing Work Week is here and it will be a HUGE success as usual.

April 18th, 2009, 7:17 am #3

for Work Week. When I arrived at the ship this evening, fellows were moving their gear aboard.. and more shipmates are coming in tomorrow. The desk clerk at the hotel told me they had lots of reservations - some already checked in and others coming in later.

who the OOD is? Let me know if you see Skivywaver or Corpsman. We gotta watch these guys!

April 18th, 2009, 7:31 pm #4

Seabat - Tried to access the 325 web camera but get nothing but a grey rectangle. In their excitement to start working, did one of the work party take the camera out or is that where the Seabat Cookie storage is this year ??????

April 18th, 2009, 10:36 pm #5

who the OOD is? Let me know if you see Skivywaver or Corpsman. We gotta watch these guys!
Chris:
You'll never see me comming.. I'm sneaky

April 19th, 2009, 11:07 pm #6

Seabat - Tried to access the 325 web camera but get nothing but a grey rectangle. In their excitement to start working, did one of the work party take the camera out or is that where the Seabat Cookie storage is this year ??????
The riot ensued when they discovered there were no SeaBat cookies in the car... it was either come to work week a day late with cookies or be there on time without them... I chose to come on over and be on time.. but the guys are sure giving me a bad time (rumor has it that Roy Studer has some cookies stashed somewhere...

The cam is down at the moment.. a wiring hookup problem we think. The good people at the Courier and Press will try to get it checked out and working again very soon. I will tell you that we had a great day today with a lot of work accomplished (if you judge by the dirty shirts in view, a HUGE amount of work done).

More pictures will be posted probably tomorrow... wish you could all be here.. we are thinking of you and know that you're here in spirit!