ship log

ship log

March 10th, 2006, 1:26 am #1

does anyone know if there is a log aboard the ship to have visitors sign in when they go aboard? it could be very helpful in finding old shipmates and get a current address .

March 10th, 2006, 2:13 am #2

As you enter the Gift Shop/Ticket area, there is a table with a Visitor's log. There may be some people who decline to sign it, but most do. I don't remember if there is a place to list ship information, but there is a comment section.

Are you looking for shipmates, Edward? If you'll post your LST number or a shipmate's name, if any of us can help you locate them, we'd be happy to! We can't always help, but I know many people try.

I'd also invite you to write to Grant Lee, 49 Lee Ann Ct., Enola, PA 17025. If you send him your name, address and ship number, he'll send you a list of shipmates. Mr. Lee does this as a hobby and has quite an extensive listing. I sent a couple of dollars with my request to help cover the cost of ink, paper and postage.

March 10th, 2006, 3:03 am #3

SeaBat - Are the lists from Grant Lee just names or do they also include address, states or anything else? For the first time since I have been involved in checking the LST stuff (when the 325 left Greece), the Scuttlebutt carried an article about eight fellows tring to get a reunion going for the USS HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, LST 827. I have contacted Erwin Bergquist living about 40 minutes from me. We plan on getting together soon to swap stories. Other then the internet (if I know what state the crew was from) not sure how to go about getting guys interested. I have the letter to Mr. Lee ready to go.

Jim M

March 10th, 2006, 3:23 am #4

You should contact the LST Assoc
they have 8000 members, they know the names and the ships that they served on the phone # is 1800-2285870

March 10th, 2006, 3:28 am #5

SeaBat - Are the lists from Grant Lee just names or do they also include address, states or anything else? For the first time since I have been involved in checking the LST stuff (when the 325 left Greece), the Scuttlebutt carried an article about eight fellows tring to get a reunion going for the USS HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, LST 827. I have contacted Erwin Bergquist living about 40 minutes from me. We plan on getting together soon to swap stories. Other then the internet (if I know what state the crew was from) not sure how to go about getting guys interested. I have the letter to Mr. Lee ready to go.

Jim M
They do have contact information. Some may not be current, some are. Even if the address happens to be an old one, it IS a place to start...

March 10th, 2006, 3:44 am #6

Contact the LST Association they have a listing of 8000 members 18002285870

March 10th, 2006, 5:03 pm #7

They do have contact information. Some may not be current, some are. Even if the address happens to be an old one, it IS a place to start...
SeaBat - Thank you for the info - will drop Mr. Lee a request.

March 14th, 2006, 12:50 am #8

As you enter the Gift Shop/Ticket area, there is a table with a Visitor's log. There may be some people who decline to sign it, but most do. I don't remember if there is a place to list ship information, but there is a comment section.

Are you looking for shipmates, Edward? If you'll post your LST number or a shipmate's name, if any of us can help you locate them, we'd be happy to! We can't always help, but I know many people try.

I'd also invite you to write to Grant Lee, 49 Lee Ann Ct., Enola, PA 17025. If you send him your name, address and ship number, he'll send you a list of shipmates. Mr. Lee does this as a hobby and has quite an extensive listing. I sent a couple of dollars with my request to help cover the cost of ink, paper and postage.
looking for shipmates from the uss cheboygan county lst-533 on board between 1964-1968.

March 14th, 2006, 2:35 am #9

Jim M
Jim, I have 10 names for you. Are you interested?
Bob Ostrander

March 14th, 2006, 2:41 am #10

looking for shipmates from the uss cheboygan county lst-533 on board between 1964-1968.
Ed, I have 35 names for you interested? Bob Ostrander