San Francisco doesn't want the "Iowa"

San Francisco doesn't want the "Iowa"

February 15th, 2006, 11:40 pm #1

It sounds like the sensitive civic heads in San Francisco are voting against the Battleship as a museum on their waterfront. A spokesman on Hannity and Colmes last night said that besides monetary concerns, having that big "symbol of war" anchored where everyone would have to see it, is not conducive with the "sensitivities" of the people of the city. It's a darn shame what has happened to the city of San Francisco in the last 30 years.

Hey Gold Crew, go get it and bring it to Evansville!

February 16th, 2006, 12:22 am #2

they wanted the U.S. Tax payers to foot the towing bill from the east coast. I understand Sacramento wants it. Anyway Chris the torpedo belt and superstructure and all removeable heavy stuff like the 16in turrets, and barge them up.

And remember, Some Assembly Required when you get it.

Now we know why you never get any thing done,Listning to "Talk Radio"

February 16th, 2006, 4:44 pm #3

It sounds like the sensitive civic heads in San Francisco are voting against the Battleship as a museum on their waterfront. A spokesman on Hannity and Colmes last night said that besides monetary concerns, having that big "symbol of war" anchored where everyone would have to see it, is not conducive with the "sensitivities" of the people of the city. It's a darn shame what has happened to the city of San Francisco in the last 30 years.

Hey Gold Crew, go get it and bring it to Evansville!
Like San Francisco and the Battleship

February 16th, 2006, 5:27 pm #4

Evansville has embraced the LST as far as I know. It is a great tourist draw and the visitors stop and spend in Evansville. It is a part of Evansville's history. And now you want to sow sour grapes?
Shame on you!

February 16th, 2006, 6:28 pm #5

I feel the same as you.He is stuck with an Aircraft Carrier that can't go anywhere.

February 16th, 2006, 6:42 pm #6

Evidently you have not seen firsthand the outpouring of volunteers and residents of Evansville. You should talk to those who have been/are there before making such statements.
Last edited by SeaBat on February 16th, 2006, 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 16th, 2006, 7:35 pm #7

I could delete Ed Dyar's post "Evansville may wish that they could get rid of LST 325" but this one we'll leave up in case anyone thinks Mr. Dyar has not been treated fairly, or that someone associated with the ship has a grudge against him personally.

It is clear to see who is the problem here. His posts speak for themselves.

Mike Whicker

February 16th, 2006, 7:55 pm #8

such a stick in the mud? What did we do to get responses like that?
Everyone I have been associated with on this LST have been great to work with and to talk to. I have learned so much and are learning more. If Mr. Dyar doesn't want to say anything nice, why say anything at all!

February 16th, 2006, 9:46 pm #9

Evidently you have not seen firsthand the outpouring of volunteers and residents of Evansville. You should talk to those who have been/are there before making such statements.
I was told that I was not to report for work
by Jordlin. I will see you in Evansville

February 16th, 2006, 9:50 pm #10

I could delete Ed Dyar's post "Evansville may wish that they could get rid of LST 325" but this one we'll leave up in case anyone thinks Mr. Dyar has not been treated fairly, or that someone associated with the ship has a grudge against him personally.

It is clear to see who is the problem here. His posts speak for themselves.

Mike Whicker
Or some one on the ship has a grudge on me.
you are right on I could write a book