Sad news....

Sad news....

March 26th, 2007, 3:41 am #1

TAPS....

Doris Edwards, the wife of James Edwards passed away earlier this evening. Please keep James and their children and families in your prayers. May God grant them comfort and reassurance in His Resurrection peace!

Last edited by SeaBat on March 27th, 2007, 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 26th, 2007, 6:50 am #2

In expressing our condolences to James and his family. Our thoughts are with you.

March 26th, 2007, 3:07 pm #3

Our prayers are with the Edwards family.

March 26th, 2007, 9:05 pm #4

TAPS....

Doris Edwards, the wife of James Edwards passed away earlier this evening. Please keep James and their children and families in your prayers. May God grant them comfort and reassurance in His Resurrection peace!

I am very sorry to hear about Doris. Our prayers are with all of the family. Rocky

March 27th, 2007, 12:11 am #5

I can tell you all that Doris was a big and great supporter of LST 325. Her passing is a very great loss to LST 325. My prayers and thoughts are with her family and her husband Jim. We all will miss this great lady. Capt. 325

March 27th, 2007, 3:56 pm #6

TAPS....

We are very saddened to hear about Doris. She was one of the first people we met with the LST project and her enthusiasm was boundless and contagious!

She was all to eager to welcome "newcomers" to the project and get them involved and she led by example & never just by telling others what to do! She was fun to work with and I loved her "sea tales" from the perspective of one of the Gold Crew wives sharing the adventure through "thick & thin" while waiting back home for the return of LST-325 and her hardy "old salts".

You might feel weary if the ship work seemed overwhelming at times,, but Doris got you moving as she always knew what needed to be done to keep the ship & wardroom neat & tidy! Doris & James (along with a few others) also taught us what Texans were all about as part of the geographically diversified LST supporters

Here are a couple of photos I took in Feb. 2004 when Doris and James had arrived in Mobile with a new washer and dryer so the crew could handle their laundry during their "cruises".

Doris wasn't aboard 5 minutes before she had that mop in full motion! Meanwhile James was below looking to get the washer & dryer positioned & connected so the laundry could operate. What a great team they were!

To honor her memory, we are making a donation to the LST Ship Memorial as we think that's something Doris might like. We also send a big group hug to the Edwards family, a Farewell Salute to Doris and we can already see her up yonder trying to set things straight & if there are mops in heaven, you can be sure Doris already has one!

Pat & Frank Perrella