Requesting an idea

Requesting an idea

January 23rd, 2012, 5:25 pm #1

This is my first time posting on here, but cannot tell you how many times I have visited this site or the Ship. This morning I had a meeting with two editors with the Evansville Courier & Press about a freelance writing position. They said for my assignments they will shoot me topics, and if I wanted to I could shoot them some ideas.

To get to the point of this posting, I would like my first story to be about LST 325 and\or her crew of dedicated volunteers.

If there are any sort of events coming up such as a project restoring or maintaining a part of the Ship or reaching a milestone in number of attendees for the LST, or the birthday of a long-time volunteer, if you would please let me know I would greatly appreciate it.

I must make note, the story, whatever it may be, must be in Evansville. Thanks.

January 24th, 2012, 7:23 am #2

It sounds like you have already toured the ship at least once and have observed this discussion page. As you probably already know, this site is a huge source of LST and naval knowledge in general. We also have a lot of fun on here. I am Chris Donahue, a member of the Board of Directors, and would be glad to assist in your endeavor. It will not be boring. If you'd like, leave your contact info with Sabrina or Wanda in our office at 435-8678. But beware, before we're done you will be recruited as a tour guide.

Sincerely,
Chris

January 25th, 2012, 3:39 pm #3

Thanks, Chris. I'll be sure to leave my contact info with the office.