Recent Press Having a Positive Impact

Recent Press Having a Positive Impact

July 12th, 2012, 3:18 am #1

I just wanted to pass on to everyone that the recent reports, about LST 325, in the local media are having a positive effect. I was stopped by someone at work today who was asking for information about the ship. They were interested in visiting the ship for a tour with their family. Also, the recent Toyota workday at the ship set a record with 34 volunteers participating.

July 14th, 2012, 8:07 am #2

The feedback in terms of emails and phone calls has been numerous and positive since the Mayor's trip to the ship on Monday. The Mayor comes from the banking industry and corporate world, as well as media prior to that. In discussions about how to improve publicity/marketing for the ship, he brought up the point that he'd like to see more corporate partners. And he is wanting to assist in this endeavor. In our discussions, I did mention that Toyota has been and is the standout Corporate partner locally. I think you'll see some activity on the corporate level locally in the next 6 months. Also, I think you'll see speaking engagements from our crew at perhaps all Vanderburgh schools and civic organizations in the upcoming year. So bone up on your speaking skills. I will work on honing the Captain's delivery .

July 14th, 2012, 6:42 pm #3

Chris you had better get started on your talks. Looks like you did a nice job with the mayor's visit -- if you had just stayed out of the pictures!

July 16th, 2012, 5:35 am #4

Neither Ad nor Rocky, the pretty boys of the crew, were available for the photo ops. It came down to John Engstrom or myself. I think you can figure out why I was in the pics........slam dunk!