Re: White Canopy

February 25th, 2009, 4:42 pm #1

Last edited by Bob-Lenn on February 25th, 2009, 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 25th, 2009, 7:19 pm #2

What happened Bob? Change your mind??

February 25th, 2009, 9:10 pm #3

Actually, Don, yes. When I logged onto the LST web cam this morning, the light obliterated the white canopy on the port, forward side of the ship. A little later, the lighting showed that it had not been removed. I decided to delete my post, not wanting to start a string of responses. Obviously my intentions went awry - you responded. Good to see you posting again.

February 25th, 2009, 11:26 pm #4

As usual I don't have a lot to contribute......

March 2nd, 2009, 9:15 pm #5

Really? I beg to differ with you. Don, you are the vital link to those who can't be at the ship very much. Your Progress Report photos are much anticipated by everyone. They keep many informed and amused. Your captions lead to discussions for many weeks. I say to you, Bravo Zulu for your participation!

March 2nd, 2009, 11:39 pm #6

Bob, thanks for the kind words. I really wasn't fishing and I think the Progress Reports meant more to some than others........

March 3rd, 2009, 12:33 am #7

Don,
We live so far away that the progress report for us is how we keep track of what is being done on the ship. Since I and others of the crew that brought it back cant always be there. It is very benificial to us and to Dianne for the news letter. Please settle the differances.
Rocky

March 3rd, 2009, 3:54 am #8

You said it good Rocky - a lot of us look forward to the Progress Report to see what's been happening & especially if the E'ville camera isn't focused to see anything too good these days.

This ENTIRE website has been a wonderful VOLUNTEER effort right from the start and shows all the accomplishments over the years. We can sure thank Jim Anderson for a lot of this as he got things in order and then kept after everyone to feed him the articles and photos. Thanks Jim, good buddy wherever you are as you were a pleasure to work with

This website is one of the best organized projects for any website that is maintained by a ship project such as this. Do you ever notice how many are logged on at any given time and that shows how much folks are interested to see what is going on. This D-page does a wonderful job of keeping all of us together as we don't just share ship news, but occasions that are special to all of us as good shipmates . . birthdays, anniversaries, messages of sympathy & encouragement.

With the exception of a few . . . all the submissions are interesting and positive so let's keep it going that way . . . besides there will be H-ll to pay if you mess with this ship & get Rocky riled up - - - you think the Capt gets mad ???? you haven't seen anything yet . . . ROCK ON ROCKY . . .