Question

Question

February 11th, 2004, 1:59 am #1

What is a PRC-25 Radio? From what I'm reading, it's used ground to air... but I'm curious as to what the PRC stands for...the range... How large of a unit is this? For the circumstances it had to be pretty portable, so it couldn't be too large.

February 11th, 2004, 3:10 am #2

Try this:

http://www.milspec.ca/radspec/radspec.html#prc25

They've even got a picture

February 11th, 2004, 6:17 am #3

What is a PRC-25 Radio? From what I'm reading, it's used ground to air... but I'm curious as to what the PRC stands for...the range... How large of a unit is this? For the circumstances it had to be pretty portable, so it couldn't be too large.
I noticed pictures taken during the river cruise
that some of the vintage military vehicles that were
by the ship had PRC-25 radios installed.

February 11th, 2004, 8:12 am #4

I know what a friend of mine said they used to call the PRC when he was in Vietnam - Just add a vowel after R and the last letter in truck and you've got it !!

February 11th, 2004, 10:55 pm #5

A couple of weeks ago, I was talking to a group of people...one of them an ex-Marine, one ex-Army Infantryman. They were talking about Pathfinders. I was embarrassed to say I didn't know what they meant, but they spoke of these guys with a bit of awe. The very next weekend, I was at the bookstore looking for a particular book - and on the same shelf was a book by Robert Burns, "Pathfinders...First In, Last Out" Mr. Burns related some of his VietNam experiences as a Pathfinder. I took it as a hint that I was supposed to read it. The piece of equipment I asked about is one that he mentioned several times. I appreciate all of you helping me understand what I'm reading!