PUFSAD

PUFSAD

April 1st, 2009, 12:31 pm #1

Regarding protocol for work week, does the 325 still work on the PUFSAD system or is it nose, nose, anything goes?

April 2nd, 2009, 2:55 am #2

you've stumped the SeaBat.... do tell what the acronym means....

April 2nd, 2009, 3:26 am #3

I just know there are plenty of old salts out there that know what it means, that are gonna come to your rescue. If not I'll pop back tomorrow. Looking forward to poppin' one of those cookies of yours that I hear so much about. Might even pop a top or two.

April 3rd, 2009, 2:38 am #4

you've stumped the SeaBat.... do tell what the acronym means....
Hey Seabat, I guess no one wants to play. Boo Hoo. PUFSAD or Port Up Forward, Starboard Aft Down was the model for traffic control on my father's LST. It makes sense when you think about it. As a newbie, I didn't want to look dumb going the wrong way during work week, so I thought I'd ask. It seemed like a reasonable question?

April 3rd, 2009, 3:44 am #5

It was piped:
Now all hands forward, lay aft.
All hands Aft, lay forward.
All hands to port, lay starboard.
All hands to starbord, lay to port.
All hands topside, lay below,
All hands below, lay topside.
Now, all hands in the middle, stand by to direct traffic.
That is all.

April 3rd, 2009, 12:08 pm #6

That sounds more like it, more like fun. They just needed the clown car for everyone to pop out of. Can you imagine everyone scrambling to GC in the wee hours of the morning, trying to wake up, getting to your duty station WITHOUT coffee and donuts?

April 3rd, 2009, 4:02 pm #7

If GQ it isn't in the "POD" or scheduled in the "Ships Training Plan", you find that ADRENALIN is a lot more potent than coffee and donuts in the wee hours, or any other time.

April 4th, 2009, 12:00 pm #8

Whether you were right in the middle of something important or sound asleep the 1MC suddenly comes alive with the shrill scream of a boswain's whistle followed by the general quarters announcement.

<embed src="http://www.defenselink.mil/multimedia/a ... alqrts.wav" width="144" height="72" style="background-color:inherit;">

Last edited by FTG2 on April 4th, 2009, 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 4th, 2009, 2:55 pm #9

the echoes of those feet pounding the deck as Sailors run for their station...

I'm sure it brought back many memories for those who listened to this, and probably raised their pulse rate a bit as well!

April 4th, 2009, 3:19 pm #10

Whether you were right in the middle of something important or sound asleep the 1MC suddenly comes alive with the shrill scream of a boswain's whistle followed by the general quarters announcement.

<embed src="http://www.defenselink.mil/multimedia/a ... alqrts.wav" width="144" height="72" style="background-color:inherit;">
You couldn't have Expresso'd the no need for coffee or donuts in a more alarming manner. Good Job! Just hearing it not only brought the scurrying sound of footsteps to mind, but it equally raised my heart rate and anxiety level, immediately. Hearing it just now, mid-morning in the comfort of my home was bad enough. I cannot imagine the terror of experiencing that clamor in the middle of the night. Glad it was my dad and not me that had to deal with it. Thanks Dad! Thank you Veterans!