Progress Report

Progress Report

January 29th, 2009, 4:50 am #1

A new quick and short progress report has been posted. This report is a quick and simple one to share the wintery weather that Evasnville has experienced.

January 29th, 2009, 4:11 pm #2

Larry Knox and I spent a "quiet" week on the ship during
and after the Ice Storm. (Ship was closed all week). Had to chip ice off the outside ladders to go up to 01-02-03 levels! Not to worry in the future, though... the "stimulus bill" passed by the U. S. House alloted $40 Billion to fight Global Warming! (???)

January 29th, 2009, 4:29 pm #3

Perry, don't hold your breath until it happens. You folk up North keep the snow and ice up there. I do feel for you because I have been there.

January 29th, 2009, 10:03 pm #4

A new quick and short progress report has been posted. This report is a quick and simple one to share the wintery weather that Evasnville has experienced.
I moved from there 20yr,s The picture are great to look at
but not to drive in We are going To get to 71 at
5 O clock I well try to send some of it to Indana

Ellis

January 29th, 2009, 10:26 pm #5

I tried to tune in the river cam yesterday to see what things looked like but it was still down. Evansville had more ice than we did. We got about 1 foot of snow. (Too much for me... lol!) Last week we were in the Caribbean & about 70 degrees warmer. What a welcome home we got!
Hope Mother Nature warms things up & melts everything so not as much work is needed to clear things this year. I do remember the pics of Perry & Larry chipping ice last year.
What a winter Indiana has had... seems every Tues we got ice until this time when we got mostly snow.
Work week is coming up April should be nicer!

January 30th, 2009, 10:38 am #6

I moved from there 20yr,s The picture are great to look at
but not to drive in We are going To get to 71 at
5 O clock I well try to send some of it to Indana

Ellis
at the mailbox every day for the box of sunshine you are Rocky are sending but so far I haven't received it but I know it's coming. 71 would sure melt some of this snow. Thanks for sending. ha-ha

January 30th, 2009, 1:30 pm #7

I tried to tune in the river cam yesterday to see what things looked like but it was still down. Evansville had more ice than we did. We got about 1 foot of snow. (Too much for me... lol!) Last week we were in the Caribbean & about 70 degrees warmer. What a welcome home we got!
Hope Mother Nature warms things up & melts everything so not as much work is needed to clear things this year. I do remember the pics of Perry & Larry chipping ice last year.
What a winter Indiana has had... seems every Tues we got ice until this time when we got mostly snow.
Work week is coming up April should be nicer!

The Courier Press came down this past Friday and worked on the camera and getting it hooked back up again. He has just a bit left to do but with the weather we have had this week it has been a bit difficult for him to finish up. If the camera was working you would see the beauty of the snow on the ship although I know how dangerous it is.

January 30th, 2009, 6:10 pm #8

the wintry weather there in Evansville. Unfortunately, I didn't see them until today as I was snowed in at the Hyatt in Columbus... (tough situation, but I dealt with it.. )

Hope everyone out there with bad weather is staying warm, safe and being careful not to overdo when shoveling snow or chipping ice. Do needle guns work on ice???? If no one knows, I bet Chris will try it out just to see....

January 30th, 2009, 6:56 pm #9

I found the cutting torch to be much faster .

January 30th, 2009, 10:32 pm #10

you don't get that flame thrower out to clear the parking lot again!!!!