Pop Ups

Pop Ups

September 25th, 2008, 6:14 pm #1

Why all the pop up ads these days?

September 26th, 2008, 5:24 pm #2

These pop-ups are getting very annoying.
Where did they come from?
Has our web site been hacked?

September 27th, 2008, 11:42 pm #3

In the past, we paid to keep these pop-ups off of the discussion site. Probably, the invoice and billing just got lost in the shuffle. This will probably get taken care of once LST Week is over.

September 28th, 2008, 9:11 pm #4

We have never had to pay to keep pop ups off the website, and this has nothing to do with not paying a bill. The former webskipper, Shawn McHugh, paid the bills for the website service out of her own pocket (and has not sought reimbursement from the Memorial, even when I asked her to do so after she put the bills on her credit card).

As far as I know, the pop ups have to be signed up for.

I am sure that Garry, the new webskipper, will respond and clear this all up.

September 28th, 2008, 10:05 pm #5

In the past, we paid to keep these pop-ups off of the discussion site. Probably, the invoice and billing just got lost in the shuffle. This will probably get taken care of once LST Week is over.
We have never had to pay to keep pop ups off the website, and this has nothing to do with not paying a bill. The former webskipper, Shawn McHugh, paid the bills for the website service out of her own pocket (and has not sought reimbursement from the Memorial, even when I asked her to do so after she put the bills on her credit card).

These pop ups started appearing after Shawn left as webskipper.

I manage three websites and on those you have to agree to pop ups before they can start appearing, but I am sure that Garry, the new webskipper, will respond and clear this all up.

September 29th, 2008, 2:43 am #6

We have never had to pay to keep pop ups off the website, and there are no past due bills. The former webskipper, Shawn McHugh, paid the bills for the website service out of her own pocket (and has not sought reimbursement from the Memorial, even when I asked her to do so after she put the bills on her credit card).

These pop ups started appearing after Shawn left as webskipper.

Normally, websites are free of pop ups unless they agree to have them.

I am sure that Garry, the new webskipper, will respond and let you know the story when he has time. We have all been very busy with LST Week, including Garry.

September 29th, 2008, 11:14 am #7

To ALL:

I am sorry in changing over the credit card to my account I transposed two numbers and therefore the chat charge did not go through. Because of my involvement with LST week I was not monitoring things like normal so this kinda fell through the crack. This has been corrected and the pop ups should now end. I find them as annoying as everyone else and the only way to prevent them using this chat service is for us to pay for the premier service.

My apologies to everyone.

Garry
Last edited by WebSkipper325 on September 29th, 2008, 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.