Pearl Harbor

December 8th, 2016, 1:12 am #1

7 DEC 16 / 1850 Hrs
It was 75 years today the Japs attacked Pearl Harbor, a war they started and in the end we won. It was the WW II greatest generation that won that war. The one thing I enjoy when High School students come on board the LST-325 for a tour. Is to bring history alive to them so they depart the ship knowing what the WW II generation did. To understand who build the LST-325, who served on her during WW II and its mission and the Gold Crew who saved her for history. It sad today our high school students don't for the most part don't know American history. So its up to us the LST-325 crew and tour guides to be sure they get that history when they come on board the ship. If they depart the LST-325 with a better understanding of our history and what the WW II greatest generation did, then we have done our duty and got the mission done. Take care. SARGE

December 8th, 2016, 8:33 am #2

Saw Sarge on TV tonight from Owensboro. You folks can go to WFIE.com and click on the VFW post commemorating Pearl Harbor story. Sarge actually sat there and behaved. How often do we see that?

December 11th, 2016, 10:06 pm #3

Probaly as much as we see you behaving..

December 12th, 2016, 7:28 am #4

Hope you are doing well. I've had it relatively easy on here lately. Seabat's been busy working the Ohio election stuff. And Shaft has been pretty quiet. Saw him in November, he rode with me in the Veterans Day Parade in my jeep. Seabat's a bit worried cuz Ohio State's gotta play IU in basketball on March 4th. Haven't seen Rocky on here for a while either. But too many times he sides with Seabat like you do so that's ok . I've been practicing with our semaphore flags on the ship. Hope to have that mastered by June. Take care and keep your powder dry.

And Seabat, remember that the LST office is closed a lot in December so send those Seabat cookies to my home and I'll make they are distributed in an equitable fashion.

Love as Always,
Crafty Chris

December 15th, 2016, 11:15 am #5

I didn't know they had Semaphore flags aboard. guess next time I come aboard I'll have to bring mine. a little rusty but I can still do it. Would love to go up to the signal bridge and look at it. maybe practice a little Flashing Light, don't need anyone to send it too, just see if I can still do it. Rusty on that also. As being on here I check in at least once a week, but have been giving you a little slack.