Our Restoration brothers ( and sisters)

Our Restoration brothers ( and sisters)

October 15th, 2008, 5:33 pm #1

This video was passed along by member John Noonan, of of our cooks during the recent cruise.

The narrator's words, in kind, have been repeated by many of LST325's video producers. Seeing Naval History come to life, as in this presentation, inspires us with renewed energy to continue our own efforts to bring the 325's great history to the people...which have, in turn, inspired others to continue their own work. Long live this "cycle"....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... O6gAP&cgsC

October 16th, 2008, 5:55 am #2

I was lucky enough to tour this vessel while I was in Portland for this years MVPA convention. It was also used as the safety boat during the DUKW regatta. Extremely impressive to see her cruising up the river.

October 16th, 2008, 12:20 pm #3

Garry - wondered if you also got to go aboard the other craft that is moored there - the LCI 713? This one is the museum of the AAFA (American Amphibious Forces Association) and is one of the 'later in the war' types of LCI's (with centerline bow doors and ramp rather than small ramps on sides of the craft). Would be great if you could share any pictures - but here is web site for the LCI: http://www.amphibiousforces.org/
Would be nice to see one big happy amphibious organization one day - made up of folks from all these ships and craft (LST, LSM, LCI, LCT, etc.)

October 17th, 2008, 4:00 am #4

Yes I did tour the LCI 713. They have done a great job on her and she looked good. It is a shame that they have not been able to put engines in her to run under her own power. The genlteman that was on board when I toured stated that what has been accomplished by the LST 325 and her volunteers is the target and the model that they are striving to be.

The ramp is the next project that they plan on attacking....

October 19th, 2008, 6:15 pm #5

This video was passed along by member John Noonan, of of our cooks during the recent cruise.

The narrator's words, in kind, have been repeated by many of LST325's video producers. Seeing Naval History come to life, as in this presentation, inspires us with renewed energy to continue our own efforts to bring the 325's great history to the people...which have, in turn, inspired others to continue their own work. Long live this "cycle"....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... O6gAP&cgsC
I think the most riveting statement in the video is one that we all can identify with...

"To these men of the Greatest Generation, it is not the memorial to themselves they are concerned about; rather the appreciation of the magnitude of what really was at stake when our fathers and grandfathers defended freedom on far away shores."

A snappy and regulation salute to our Gold Crew, the Support Crew and all of the volunteers of yesterday and today.. with my humble thanks.