Our deepest sympathy

Our deepest sympathy

June 17th, 2009, 9:49 pm #1

to our shipmate Chip Lanham.

Chip's father, Charles, was the Engineering Officer on LST 876. This morning Charles went to his final port of call - two years to the day after the passing of Chip's mother.

Please keep the family and especially Chip in your prayers. (Please email me if you want to send a card and need the mailing address).

NOTE: I, personally, will never forget Chip's dad... when I was doing the history of my own Dad's "T", Chip's father was one of those who proofread my draft copy and helped answer questions and gently corrected my errors. It wasn't his LST, but he wanted to help me make it special for my father's shipmates. That's the kind of man he was...

My sincere condolences to the Lanham family.

June 18th, 2009, 2:43 am #2

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Love,

Tammy & Garry Hisel

June 18th, 2009, 7:07 pm #3

Chip's father, Charles, was the Engineering Officer on LST 876. This morning Charles went to his final port of call - two years to the day after the passing of Chip's mother.

Please keep the family and especially Chip in your prayers. (Please email me if you want to send a card and need the mailing address).

NOTE: I, personally, will never forget Chip's dad... when I was doing the history of my own Dad's "T", Chip's father was one of those who proofread my draft copy and helped answer questions and gently corrected my errors. It wasn't his LST, but he wanted to help me make it special for my father's shipmates. That's the kind of man he was...

Chip;
I am very sorry to hear of your loss,please accept my condolances. Rocky

June 19th, 2009, 4:41 am #4

Please know that you are in our thoughts & prayersm too.
Steve's Dad passed away in '06 on the Sunday before Fathers Day & it's always on our minds as Fathers Day approaches. (His Mom had passed away the Sun before Mothers Day in '03 -- isn't that odd that they each passed the Sun before their own day.)

June 24th, 2009, 1:14 am #5

http://obit.hallwynne.com/