ON THE MISSISSIPPI

ON THE MISSISSIPPI

August 18th, 2007, 4:41 pm #1

I talked to Garry at 11:20 central time and they had just made it to the Mississippi. All is well. Passed an apartment building in Cairo and one gentleman had 4 flags hanging outside. As the ship went by the gentleman saluted the ship. Garry says several people have been outside and watched as she goes by. This does your heart good. Garry and I sent out over 150 Press Releases in that area this past week. I hope to think they did some good. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything else.

August 18th, 2007, 6:14 pm #2

Tammy - Can anyone verify if the 325 will be taking visitors aboard at Meredosia? I have a shipmate of the 827 who lives nearby to Meredosia and is in poor health. I called him and he is planning to go if he can visit. Any info please? Need to know ASAP as the ship is due in tomorrow. Thanks.

August 19th, 2007, 2:34 am #3

Meridosa has been postponed til 9/5 (after Henry) so there is a little more time to find out. I'm sure someone will know the answer soon as to if there is a place for tours to board or not.

August 19th, 2007, 3:51 am #4

Jo - Yes, I saw that after I posted the question. I have contacted my old shipmate and informed him of the change. Sorry to bother you, but I did not get an answer to the first post and was running out of time for my buddy. Did not want him to leave Sunday morning and lose out. Thanks for the response, appreciate it!

August 19th, 2007, 4:03 am #5

trying to get hold of Garry to find out the answer but his cell phone doesn't have much coverage out there. If I find out something I will send you an answer. Sorry, I didn't answer back sooner.

August 19th, 2007, 4:09 am #6

Jo - Yes, I saw that after I posted the question. I have contacted my old shipmate and informed him of the change. Sorry to bother you, but I did not get an answer to the first post and was running out of time for my buddy. Did not want him to leave Sunday morning and lose out. Thanks for the response, appreciate it!
you didn't get answer & assumed no one knew for sure yet. Glad your buddy has more time to find out. Hope he can get on the ship there!