More photos from Greece

More photos from Greece

February 10th, 2007, 8:25 pm #1

Courtesy of James Edwards and others who shared photos

I can't imagine how you all felt when you saw this for the first time aboard LST 325.... gives me goosebumps to think of it!

February 11th, 2007, 2:47 pm #2

February 11th, 2007, 4:52 pm #3

...but must confess many of my favorites are the ones showing the Gold Crew members in their uniforms. In the History Channel's documentary "Return of LST 325" one of the best shots is done when they are in Gilbralter and preparing for the dignataries to come aboard. The camera is resting at main deck level and shows the line of highly polished, shiny black shoes in a row from nearest to farthest from the camera (everything prior to this point showed the men in their blue work clothes). That's all you see. Not the faces. Just the perfectly polished shoes and lower few inches of the khaki trousers. This scene lasts only for a second or two. And I'm not the only one who thought the same thing about this camera shot. While showing this documentary to a friend of mine and without me making a comment about what was coming up, when that shot appeared she said "Whoooshhhh!!!" To me those shoes showed such a feeling of pride those men had in what they accomplished. Brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.

February 12th, 2007, 12:09 am #4

My men do really clean up nice. Chris spent all night polishing their shoes! Some of the photos are from Nassau Bahamas -- the ones with the tugs. The pilot said" this ship is harder to dock than the Queen Mary" ! When one of the tugs fell off the bow and we had a 20 MPH Stbd wind and the old bow of the 325 took off for the opposit pier! The tug got back and all was well. He charged us for his services! The only port that did! Capt.

February 12th, 2007, 1:38 am #5

Thanks for giving information on the photos Captain J! It helps me (us) understand where you were and what was happening.

For those that don't know, the first photo shows James Edwards.. the second is a photograph of Mr. Hart. The pride and pleasure in their faces tells it all.

And yes, Captain.. you do have a fine crew!

(Chris??? Polishes shoes???? I'm gonna pack up all of mine and bring them to Evansville... )

February 12th, 2007, 7:38 am #6

My men do really clean up nice. Chris spent all night polishing their shoes! Some of the photos are from Nassau Bahamas -- the ones with the tugs. The pilot said" this ship is harder to dock than the Queen Mary" ! When one of the tugs fell off the bow and we had a 20 MPH Stbd wind and the old bow of the 325 took off for the opposit pier! The tug got back and all was well. He charged us for his services! The only port that did! Capt.
I polished off that last bottle of Gilbeys in your cabin, Captain. By the way, your shoes are done and your uniform is pressed, ready for you to receive the Governor on Thursday.

February 13th, 2007, 1:05 am #7

God has a huge box of crayons.. and he used every one of them for you....

Company's Coming!

Standing Watch in style! (Pretty snazzy uniforms!)

Many of us wish we could have witnessed this. Our own Captain with XO Jackson Carter, may he be granted smooth seas forever...

Gibraltar? (I'm asking as I'm not sure)

(I'd sure appreciate any of your comments about who/where/when/what/how it will allow us to appreciate them even more)
Last edited by SeaBat on February 13th, 2007, 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 13th, 2007, 6:28 pm #8

Thanks for giving information on the photos Captain J! It helps me (us) understand where you were and what was happening.

For those that don't know, the first photo shows James Edwards.. the second is a photograph of Mr. Hart. The pride and pleasure in their faces tells it all.

And yes, Captain.. you do have a fine crew!

(Chris??? Polishes shoes???? I'm gonna pack up all of mine and bring them to Evansville... )
Sue those photo's bring back a lot of memories. The Rock of gabaraltar when I first saw it early in the mornining It is humongus the only thing I could remember was the Prudential Ins. Logo. I beleive all of us have many photo's of our trip I am not that good on the computor I will settle for bringing my log and photo's I have of trip to Evansville this reunion. Perruso

February 13th, 2007, 8:46 pm #9

God has a huge box of crayons.. and he used every one of them for you....

Company's Coming!

Standing Watch in style! (Pretty snazzy uniforms!)

Many of us wish we could have witnessed this. Our own Captain with XO Jackson Carter, may he be granted smooth seas forever...

Gibraltar? (I'm asking as I'm not sure)

(I'd sure appreciate any of your comments about who/where/when/what/how it will allow us to appreciate them even more)

The Gold Crew's definition of "Rock and Roll"

February 14th, 2007, 2:33 am #10

Sue those photo's bring back a lot of memories. The Rock of gabaraltar when I first saw it early in the mornining It is humongus the only thing I could remember was the Prudential Ins. Logo. I beleive all of us have many photo's of our trip I am not that good on the computor I will settle for bringing my log and photo's I have of trip to Evansville this reunion. Perruso
That would be great! I'd love to look at them... the photos and the diary/log you kept. The best part about getting together is to be able to sit and listen to recollections... and the sea stories.. (not that they are SEA stories, you understand...)

Everyone remember to keep Joe M. in our prayers...