LST Week August 4 - 7, 2009

LST Week August 4 - 7, 2009

May 15th, 2009, 1:59 am #1

Just a reminder to send in your registrations for LST Week... Rooms are filling at the Executive Inn, events are seeing a good amount of reservations - and we want YOURS to be one of them!

If you've never experienced LST Week, please take the opportunity this year to do so! There are some unique events - our annual Memorial Service which is deeply moving, the River Cruise, a reception on board the LST 325, the Germania Mannerchor, a meeting to hear about work that has been done on YOUR Memorial, the MVPA International Convention, LCVP rides on the river (a donation to cover fuel costs would be welcome), a great Banquet/Dance (please mark your menu choice), a terrific hospitality room and many chances to sit and swap sea stories. Whatever your choice of events, please don't miss the opportunity to share cameraderie with your fellow shipmates.

To see the itinerary and Registration Form, please go to the home page for this website -

www.lstmemorial.org

If you don't have a computer printer, then please call the ship's office and request that a form be sent to you. (There was also one in the last edition of "The Phoenix".)

Please remember when filling out your registration, to mark and include funds (if noted that there is a cost) for every event you want to attend. A reminder: The hotel reservation is not included on the Registration form. You must call the hotel and make reservations on your own. The Executive Inn is the host hotel and can be reached by calling (877) 424-0888 toll free OR long distance (812) 424-8000.

When you receive your confirmation, please check it carefully to make sure all is in order. Angie does a terrific job for us in the office... remember to thank her the next time you call!

See you in August in Evansville!!!

May 15th, 2009, 5:08 am #2

If you see registrations come through for certain potential trouble makers like Corpsman and Skivvywaver. As you know, I'm OOD again this year and I run a tight ship. I know Flt Tech will be there and I'll be keeping an eye on him. It's those wild cards I worry about.

May 15th, 2009, 5:46 pm #3

How can I let you watch them when they're watching you for me???? Does this mean you are all watching each other??? (THAT spells a formula for trouble...) Guess I'm just gonna have to find chores for all of you... What do you think, Captain?

May 16th, 2009, 2:00 pm #4

If you see registrations come through for certain potential trouble makers like Corpsman and Skivvywaver. As you know, I'm OOD again this year and I run a tight ship. I know Flt Tech will be there and I'll be keeping an eye on him. It's those wild cards I worry about.
Make sure we put out the rat gards on the lines to keep sneaky charachters from climbing aboard behind the OOD.

May 17th, 2009, 8:36 am #5

to refer to Rocky and our other snipe friends as sneaky characters (at least in a public forum) .

May 17th, 2009, 4:54 pm #6

Don't you call my snipe buddies sneaky....

And remember, you have ALL of the Gator Gals watching over you...

May 17th, 2009, 5:54 pm #7

he he he he & we don't mind cracking the whip either . . . just love those white glove inspections
He can't pull the old "head -back-outta-town-on-your-brooms" yet either gals, as it isn't late October . . .

May 17th, 2009, 7:42 pm #8

Chris:
Just remember I know how to sneak aboard a LST's
some day I will tap you on the shoulder and and you'll never know where I came from

May 18th, 2009, 5:37 am #9

Don't you call my snipe buddies sneaky....

And remember, you have ALL of the Gator Gals watching over you...
Bob did.

May 18th, 2009, 5:44 am #10

Chris:
Just remember I know how to sneak aboard a LST's
some day I will tap you on the shoulder and and you'll never know where I came from
tighter than Rocky's and Shaft's wallets. Except there will be no cobwebs on my security . Seabat is sending me your picture and it will be posted with the other potential trouble makers (mostly snipes).