LST's Name Plate I.D.

LST's Name Plate I.D.

March 10th, 2007, 2:46 pm #1

Recently a man called the LST office asking where the shipbuilder's Identification Plate is located on LSTs. Does anyone know? Also, does anyone know where LST 325's I.D. plate is located in case it was installed in a different place from the norm?

March 10th, 2007, 2:54 pm #2

The name plate was located in the main engine room on fwd bulkhead. The 325's was stolen at some time. I have a very good idea who did it, but no proof. it was gone over in Greece. Someone has a new blank ID plate, but will not give it up. Maybe there are some more blanks around or maybe we could copy the original. I hope someone has a picture of an ID plate on an LST at its location. Capt.

March 10th, 2007, 3:15 pm #3

Skipper,

Here's a picture of LST-393's nameplate that was posted on-line awhile back.

March 10th, 2007, 3:30 pm #4

The name plate was located in the main engine room on fwd bulkhead. The 325's was stolen at some time. I have a very good idea who did it, but no proof. it was gone over in Greece. Someone has a new blank ID plate, but will not give it up. Maybe there are some more blanks around or maybe we could copy the original. I hope someone has a picture of an ID plate on an LST at its location. Capt.
how or why it disappeared... but I would ask.. if anyone knows of this, please return this item to the ship. Just send it to the ship's office...

This is a valuable part of our ship's heritage. It belongs with the ship for future generations.

March 10th, 2007, 3:55 pm #5

Boy, you have to be a real low-down scoundrel to take anything off the LST. It is robbing history.

March 11th, 2007, 3:42 pm #6

Recently a man called the LST office asking where the shipbuilder's Identification Plate is located on LSTs. Does anyone know? Also, does anyone know where LST 325's I.D. plate is located in case it was installed in a different place from the norm?
Whoever did take this name plate, this is one of a kind. Please send it back. I, for one, would be forever grateful just to have it back.

March 14th, 2007, 11:12 pm #7

Capt. I remember and actor that was removing things from side of ammo. boxes midship is this same peron you suspect. Perruso

March 16th, 2007, 12:30 am #8

Whoever did take this name plate, this is one of a kind. Please send it back. I, for one, would be forever grateful just to have it back.
If someone can give me some dimentions and what you want the tag to say I can make a new tag. Dan