LCVP's

LCVP's

November 4th, 2005, 7:17 pm #1

Was wondering if the LCVP's made it back to Evansville? Did not see them in the river cam,and also was wondering if they are in good shape after the job that they did for the movie company.

November 4th, 2005, 10:20 pm #2

They got back last Thursday. I'm told they may need some shaft seals, paint, etc, before they're hoisted back up.

November 5th, 2005, 1:07 pm #3

Was wondering if the LCVP's made it back to Evansville? Did not see them in the river cam,and also was wondering if they are in good shape after the job that they did for the movie company.
Yes Jerry, they are back in Evansville. I was down this past week and helped dad on the ship. The LCVP's are tied up to the barge at this time. They are in good shape but need a little TLC before being placed back on the ship. The plan as I was told was to hoist the LCVP's onto the barge, give them the attention they need and them place them back on the ship.

For those of you who have not seen the ship since her arrival in Evansville, what a difference it makes not having her tied up next to the scrap yard in Mobile. No more rust and dirt on the main deck all the time and a much better view. Thanks Evansville. She realy does look good sitting on the river. The volunteers in Evansville appear to be taking very ggod care of her!!!

Hello to all my friends from the Gold Crew and Blue Crew............I miss you guys and gals!! Remember November 10th, the Marine Corp Birthday!! Semper Fi

November 5th, 2005, 5:42 pm #4

Thanks for the update. It was great to read something new about the upkeep of the ship. I want to thank everyone for doing a great job.

November 6th, 2005, 4:01 am #5

were there. One was already on ship & put back together. The other one was still on shore. They are too heavy to bring down so have to be disassembled & then reassembled onboard. These are made out of very large lumber. It was nice to see a group of high school boys who were on tour helping the guys move the one onboard over where Boats directed them. They seemed to enjoy helping the guys & now have a story to tell about working on the ship! Was nice to see our "movie stars" (LCVPs) back in the water! The ship looked rather naked without them!