Is Chris MIA??????

Is Chris MIA??????

June 25th, 2012, 12:55 am #1

Or did he just give up picking on the Gator Gals?

June 25th, 2012, 4:14 am #2

He will fall off his wagon sooner or later

June 28th, 2012, 12:59 pm #3

Do we need to form a search party ??
seabat:: what frequency will we be using ??

Jim n9egm

July 6th, 2012, 8:07 am #4

I was dispatched on a recon mission to the Cumberland River. My mission was to take LCVP 1 and establish if there would be enough water to get the ship to Nashville in September. Well, I got 18 miles upriver and grounded out. Fortunately I had plenty of fresh water on board and am an expert fisherman, so I was able to eat. Of course there was no cellular coverage in that part of the world so I had to rely on my BC-611-E WWII surplus radio for communication. Bob Pointer and Perry bought this thing on Ebay or Chicom.com, one of those sites. Bob refurbed it and Perry checked it out and gave it his stamp of approval. He also upgraded it with a new battery dated 1949 with some sort of Phillipino badge on it. Anyway, after 3 days of waiting for the water to rise and with the onset of sunburn and dehydration, I deep sixed Bob's wanna-be radio and waded ashore to Reidland, I think.

Long story short.....I hopped a tow back to Stoplight City and survived the ordeal thanks to my survival skills. I was just released from sick bay and so I logged on to put your minds at ease. I hope to be back on the ship by the weekend. We hope to pick up LCVP 1 on our way to Nashville. Bob Hargrove has been busy calculating how much useless weight we will have to jettison in order to sail in 7 feet of water. By the way, John Engstrom will be sitting this trip out while recovering from surgery. All the best, John!

July 7th, 2012, 9:39 am #5

Do I read correctly that John will not be able to make the trip to Nashville in September? What a shame, if true. Don't worry though, I'll give Carrie Underwood a hug for you.

July 7th, 2012, 4:11 pm #6

I was dispatched on a recon mission to the Cumberland River. My mission was to take LCVP 1 and establish if there would be enough water to get the ship to Nashville in September. Well, I got 18 miles upriver and grounded out. Fortunately I had plenty of fresh water on board and am an expert fisherman, so I was able to eat. Of course there was no cellular coverage in that part of the world so I had to rely on my BC-611-E WWII surplus radio for communication. Bob Pointer and Perry bought this thing on Ebay or Chicom.com, one of those sites. Bob refurbed it and Perry checked it out and gave it his stamp of approval. He also upgraded it with a new battery dated 1949 with some sort of Phillipino badge on it. Anyway, after 3 days of waiting for the water to rise and with the onset of sunburn and dehydration, I deep sixed Bob's wanna-be radio and waded ashore to Reidland, I think.

Long story short.....I hopped a tow back to Stoplight City and survived the ordeal thanks to my survival skills. I was just released from sick bay and so I logged on to put your minds at ease. I hope to be back on the ship by the weekend. We hope to pick up LCVP 1 on our way to Nashville. Bob Hargrove has been busy calculating how much useless weight we will have to jettison in order to sail in 7 feet of water. By the way, John Engstrom will be sitting this trip out while recovering from surgery. All the best, John!
Take care of yourself... wishing you all the best for your surgery and complete recovery!

July 7th, 2012, 4:13 pm #7

You were on vacation!!!! Then you were ill because you had to go back to work????

HAHAHAHA... Missed ya' Director Donahue (see, I'm showing the proper respect...)

July 8th, 2012, 7:12 am #8

It would be really cool if you could get Rocky, Terry Tull, the Captain, and Jerry Howe to address me as Director also :-}. I gotta get back to work....the Mayor is coming aboard Monday morning. I gotta clean uo the mess the snipes left during work week. C U later!

July 9th, 2012, 11:21 pm #9

Hey Mr. Director! Boy did I ever have to roll that around before I could say it. I Have it set up through Google That anytime the 325 is mentioned it shows up in my E-Mail.Consequently I new several days ago that you were going to show the Mayor around the ship. Be sure to explain to him the very important roll that the Snipes play and be sure to show him our beautiful domain. Thanks Mr. Director. Rocky

July 11th, 2012, 12:50 am #10

By the time we toured the ship, talked to the deck apes, and had a Q/A session with the media, there wasn't time to mention the snipes or go into the engine room. However the mayor and I did discuss the potential war time museum that will include a Deckape Hall of Fame. It was good hearing from you, Rockster. Sorry I didn't have more good news for you.

Respectfully,
Chris