I received this from our friend Rob Wade today...

I received this from our friend Rob Wade today...

June 26th, 2008, 11:07 pm #1

Anyone want to guess what it means???

June 26th, 2008, 11:12 pm #2

Bob, Congratulations on your promotion. I know you will do a wonderful job. Thanks you for serving our country at a very critical time.

June 27th, 2008, 9:20 pm #3

. . . to be the insignia for an Air Force Master Sergeant. Of course the person who earns rank in the Air Force has to be a cut above the other military services.

Last edited by Son-of-Rosie on June 28th, 2008, 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 27th, 2008, 10:22 pm #4

I saw that once, it was on the sleeve of a cub scout selling candy bars to raise money to go to summer camp.....

June 28th, 2008, 1:19 am #5

Nice try Don, but I never wore anything like that when I was a cub scout.

It took 18 years, but I finally made MSgt (for those who don't know AF rank, in the Navy it is the same as making CPO) Having a good time on my off days working with the WW2, Korea and Vietnam veterans at the Northwest Louisana War Veterans home here in Bossier City, LA. Haven't found any ampibious sailors yet, but am I getting schooled in Aircraft Carriers and Destroyers in the Pacific during WW2. Looking forward to when I can take some leave and head back up to Evansville.

June 28th, 2008, 11:16 am #6

And want to say I'm sincerely thankful for your service to all of us. Taking it one step further and spending time with those Veterans just reinforces what a great person you are. Tell your wife and children to help their Husband/Dad celebrate!

July 4th, 2008, 1:54 pm #7

I saw that once, it was on the sleeve of a cub scout selling candy bars to raise money to go to summer camp.....
I had that same 25 year old cub scout come to my door. He had that insignia on his sleve, but he was a two star General in the Air Force! He said if he could sell 10 more candy bars, the Air Force would make him a three star General! He said he would have to sell 20 more candy bars to be a Boy Scout! Shaft

July 4th, 2008, 1:58 pm #8

And want to say I'm sincerely thankful for your service to all of us. Taking it one step further and spending time with those Veterans just reinforces what a great person you are. Tell your wife and children to help their Husband/Dad celebrate!
Both Don and I were picking on Mike, at least I was! Thank you for your service and hurry back to Evansville, we need more good men. It will take some time, but we can make a sailor out of you! Shaft