I now understand PART of why only Seabat posts!

5:04 AM - Sep 19, 2018 #1

I haven't posted for ages on this site. Back then, it was becoming a Seabat only forum. I now see that it appears to be ONLY a Seabat forum. Not to denigrate Seabat in any way. She posts many great posts with pictures and information that delights the soul.
BUT trying to login again has been a trial/trail of errors for me. This new Tapa-whatever thingy thwarted me several times. I'm home sick right now and just decided to bull it thru and get logged in no matter what it takes. I made it!!! (Who knows if I will EVER be able to do it again after I log off this time! ;-) )
For the record, I and my wife have been around since the 325 was a gleam in Bob Jornlin's eye. We lobbied our Congressmen to get the US approval for accepting the ship from Greece. We even personally called the ambassador to Greece when the first LST was trashed and the embassy was withholding the supplies needed to prepare the ship for it's voyage. The ambassador feared for the safety of the crew and used the withholding of the supplies to defeat their sailing. Thankfully, he recognized the right of these brave men to attempt the perilous crossing.
And tho we weren't able to be in Alabama for the actual return, we visited the 325 while she was still in that breaker yard in Alabama. What a wonderous sight to behold. A little dinged, a little beat and banged and a little rusty. But whole, complete, and headed for greatness.
We have visited her in Evansville a few times and marveled at how far she has come in being restored to her glory. Jealous, yet happy, for the time and energy that others have been able to devote to her. A great job by all involved.
Seabat, please keep the posts and stories coming. We love to see/read what is happening. Hopefully others will again begin sharing their stories and thoughts about this marvelous ship also. Seabat needs help IMHO. 
Now it's time to log out and see if I can get back in again later. Have a great time, all.

10:12 PM - Sep 29, 2018 #2

Bob!  So happy to see you here!  I never want anyone to think this is my forum, I know you know that I do it to keep the site going and try to get some discussion!  If you have any ideas, let me know!

To all of those of you who read, post once in  while to say hello!  If you have something that might be interesting, post it!

Bob, thanks to you and the Mrs. for all the work you did through the years, being instrumental in the early days in Mobile and Evansville.  You still are showing that devotion!  It's not easy when you live half the country away from her, but she's not ever far from your mind.  Hugs to you!

2:34 AM - Oct 02, 2018 #3

Yeah, we have been planning on another visit, but life just seems to get in the way! We are filling some bucket list things lately, so there's hope. Keep the stories and posts coming, Seabat. Many of us read them all.