I know we give Chris a hard time, but......

I know we give Chris a hard time, but......

January 1st, 2011, 3:23 am #1

I know we all love (and live) to give Chris a hard time, but I saw this posted on the LST Home Port Discussion page (also kudos to Angie):

Author: Kontum67
Date: 12/27/2010 4:07 am CDT
I was passing through Evansville on Sunday 12/26. I knew the 325 was in Evansville but didn't expect it to be open on the holiday weekend and with the bad weather. But it was on Sunday and it was great. My family and I extend our gratitude to Angie in the office and Chris, our tour guide for a touching and informative afternoon. I am infantry and have a limited knowledge of the LST but I try to visit any such museum when in the neighborhood. I give this ship a 5 star rating. Thank you for a great afternoon!

January 1st, 2011, 9:42 am #2

I saw this a couple of days ago, but didn't want to say anything because it's hard enough to get his head through the doorways as it is. But seriously, GREAT JOB CHRIS...

January 1st, 2011, 8:46 pm #3

Chris, I know what a good job you do. You even showed up and did a good job when others deserted. You know what I mean. Thanks for hanging in there. I might even pay for the pizza if we ever meet again. Your SNIPE Shipmate. Rocky

January 1st, 2011, 8:47 pm #4

I know we all love (and live) to give Chris a hard time, but I saw this posted on the LST Home Port Discussion page (also kudos to Angie):

I was passing through Evansville on Sunday 12/26. I knew the 325 was in Evansville but didn't expect it to be open on the holiday weekend and with the bad weather. But it was on Sunday and it was great. My family and I extend our gratitude to Angie in the office and Chris, our tour guide for a touching and informative afternoon. I am infantry and have a limited knowledge of the LST but I try to visit any such museum when in the neighborhood. I give this ship a 5 star rating. Thank you for a great afternoon!
the Gator Gals think so much of Chris (but don't tell him we do!!!). He gives a great tour, but when he isn't giving tours, you'll find him sweeping/sqeeging the deck, emptying trash, shoveling snow or folding letters - all of those odd jobs that need to be done on a continual basis. Chris doesn't ask for glory or thanks, he just does what he sees needs to be done. We appreciate him and all of those jobs he does to help out.

But this doesn't mean we won't pick on him.. he'd think we were ill if we didn't!!!

January 2nd, 2011, 12:17 am #5

Chris, I know what a good job you do. You even showed up and did a good job when others deserted. You know what I mean. Thanks for hanging in there. I might even pay for the pizza if we ever meet again. Your SNIPE Shipmate. Rocky
He did stick it out and he is a GOOD guy.

January 2nd, 2011, 12:33 am #6

the Gator Gals think so much of Chris (but don't tell him we do!!!). He gives a great tour, but when he isn't giving tours, you'll find him sweeping/sqeeging the deck, emptying trash, shoveling snow or folding letters - all of those odd jobs that need to be done on a continual basis. Chris doesn't ask for glory or thanks, he just does what he sees needs to be done. We appreciate him and all of those jobs he does to help out.

But this doesn't mean we won't pick on him.. he'd think we were ill if we didn't!!!
Does this mean I have to be nice to Chris, IF I ever meet him ??

January 2nd, 2011, 5:41 am #7

If you don't give him a bad time right from the beginning, he'll start it... so might as well get yours in first! Be warned, however.. I've never gotten the last laugh (remark) in yet... He's got a quick wit! He likes nothing better than to heckle a Gator Gal... or Guy...

January 2nd, 2011, 7:36 pm #8

Anytime Someone's nice to me on the ship I go in to pucker mode. I logged on to Home Port to make sure this wasn't a Gator Gal setup again. I do remember that gentleman. He had a qenuine interest and drove a couple of hours out of his way to come to the ship. We did an hour tour and then another hour or so lollygagging. He made my day on a slow cold winter day. Thank you, Ray.

January 2nd, 2011, 7:39 pm #9

I saw this a couple of days ago, but didn't want to say anything because it's hard enough to get his head through the doorways as it is. But seriously, GREAT JOB CHRIS...
Now if Jerry comes on here and says something nice, I'm gonna quit. (But thanks, Wally).

January 2nd, 2011, 7:59 pm #10

And what do you mean "if we ever meet again"? You and Diane better get back over this way. At least by Summer. I've heard that stuff about pizza before from certain other Gold Crew. Thanks Rocky, you're pretty kewl for a Snipe.