HELP A FELLOW FRIEND

HELP A FELLOW FRIEND

June 3rd, 2009, 2:56 am #1

I have recently discovered that my mothers brother, my Uncle.....Albert Edward Craig was at Normandy on D-Day aboard a LST 498. Can you possibly steer me in the right direction where I might get a list of the ships crew on that date. Thanking you in advance. Roy Harris

June 3rd, 2009, 2:47 pm #2

The National Archives has the crew list by month for Navy ships. They are located in College Park Maryland.
You can call there or do some searching via the attached website, or you can visit. If you are nearby the visit is well worthwhile.

On Board US Navy ships each month the Yeoman compiled a list of the crew including who comes and who goes and who is advanced in rating.

(wrong link removed)

Sorry here is the correct link:

http://www.archives.gov/veterans/milita ... cords.html

Last edited by KenFrank on June 4th, 2009, 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

October 15th, 2015, 1:57 am #3

I have recently discovered that my mothers brother, my Uncle.....Albert Edward Craig was at Normandy on D-Day aboard a LST 498. Can you possibly steer me in the right direction where I might get a list of the ships crew on that date. Thanking you in advance. Roy Harris

We may have found several crewmen from LST 498 (still living as of August, 2015). Is your uncle still looking?

Rob Wood