He's finally arrived

He's finally arrived

October 4th, 2010, 2:05 pm #1

My new grandson, Dillon Edward Carbone, finally arrived last evening. Everyone is healthy and happy.

He has some LST and LST 325 connections.
One Great Grandpa served on LST 32 in Europe in WWII.
One Great Grandpa probably rode an LST to Normandy D Day +20 with the 35th Infantry Division.
Two Great Grandpa's (still alive) were young boys living in Santa Croce, Sicily just behind the beaches where the LST 325 first entered combat. They remember the American troops coming through town.

October 4th, 2010, 3:49 pm #2

Those grandbabies make us remember what life is really all about. My he be a healthy baby, with all life has to offer. Take time to know him Grandpa.

Love,

Tammy

October 5th, 2010, 9:46 pm #3

My new grandson, Dillon Edward Carbone, finally arrived last evening. Everyone is healthy and happy.

He has some LST and LST 325 connections.
One Great Grandpa served on LST 32 in Europe in WWII.
One Great Grandpa probably rode an LST to Normandy D Day +20 with the 35th Infantry Division.
Two Great Grandpa's (still alive) were young boys living in Santa Croce, Sicily just behind the beaches where the LST 325 first entered combat. They remember the American troops coming through town.
Soak up those stories for the retelling when little Dillon is old enough to understand. Better yet, record them for posterity!

My niece is Italian-American. Her parents immigrated, but much of their family still resides in Italy. One of her Uncles has quite an interesting life... as a child in a Nazi occupied village. Only by the grace of God was he spared.

Congratulations on the new addition to your family - little Dillon is now our newest LST family member! May he be blessed with a wonderful life!