End of First Day

End of First Day

August 20th, 2008, 10:51 pm #1

Well, first day is over and ship looks good. She is ready for tours first thing in the morning. They start at 9:00 and end at 5:00. The ship has been swept, polished and looking ever so fine. The gift shop is set up with some GREAT merchandise. A lot of new merchandise has been added this year and we are really excited about that. We have had people at the edge of the water front all day long watching and asking questions. We have about 500 school children scheduled during our stay to visit with us. That is the best part that the children are learning about the LST and the history. It really does the heart good. All for now.

August 21st, 2008, 11:07 am #2

I can relate to the feelings of the onlookers and curiosity seekers. Even though I had volunteered on the 325 in Evansville on several occasions, I can recall the first time I saw her on a river tour when we came to help out in Peoria last year. Seeing her in a different spot from a different view was like I had never seen her before. She was an amazing sight to behold whether from land or when going over one of the bridges and looking down on her. You can't help but say "Wow! What the heck is that and why is it here???"

Can't wait to feel that again when we see her on this trip.

August 21st, 2008, 11:34 am #3

is still the same for me whenever I see her. I get the chill bumps up and down my arms and I feel so proud to say I'm apart of helping the public see this GREAT piece of history. It really does something to you mentally.