CQ CQ CQ

CQ CQ CQ

March 5th, 2011, 11:04 pm #1

KD8PKU

This morning was the first of my General classes... We picked up a few more students, so the class is pretty full. We had a great first class, the fellows say they are proud of me because I got on the local net all by myself the first time I tried. I still get a little nervous with the 'lingo', but I'm catching on.

I got my YAESU programmed with the local repeater information, I've gone to two Club meetings so far and hope to go to a 'Radio Night' this week. There is so much to learn... but I am learning.

88's...

KD8PKU

Clear.

March 6th, 2011, 6:20 pm #2

What progress for the shy little girl from Ohio.
We are proud of our Seabat.

When you get your General ticket we can drag more radios up to the Chart Room and you can help me work on them.

March 6th, 2011, 10:25 pm #3

It will drive Chris crazy... but also let me learn a lot, so you're on!

I appreciate everyone's help. There is so much to learn and absorb!

March 7th, 2011, 12:18 pm #4

When you get your General ticket we can drag more radios up to the Chart Room and you can help me work on them.
Hey Bob. if you need some radios to pile on the chart room desk/table I can give your some that are in several stages of being taken apart, so Chris will have more to complain about..

March 7th, 2011, 1:13 pm #5

It will drive Chris crazy... but also let me learn a lot, so you're on!

I appreciate everyone's help. There is so much to learn and absorb!
Don't have to worry about Chris going crazy. He will be too busy kissing the Snipes feet after Deck Ape John helped fix the showers.

March 7th, 2011, 6:14 pm #6

Do you mean that Chris hasn't showered in a while ??

March 7th, 2011, 7:25 pm #7

More like hasn't shown up.........

March 8th, 2011, 12:18 am #8

Don't have to worry about Chris going crazy. He will be too busy kissing the Snipes feet after Deck Ape John helped fix the showers.
Now I can concentrate on fixing BPs radio in the Chart Room.

March 8th, 2011, 6:59 am #9

I hadn't realized John did that. After chastizing John about hanging out with Snipes, he explained that there were too many moving parts on the shower apparatus and that the Snipes needed help. After all, there are 2 valves, a cold and a hot knob. The snipes were perplexed by the engineering challenge and John stepped in since this project must be completed by August. And you gotta remember, our Journeyman Snipe, Ad, wasn't present to give guidance.

BTW, Jerry, did your fruit trees survive the winter? Were you able to grow a Pear?

March 8th, 2011, 7:09 am #10

I too am proud of you, seriously. You're gonna have so much fun in the years to come.