Christmas Gift Suggestion....

Christmas Gift Suggestion....

December 17th, 2008, 4:15 am #1

Are you looking for something special for all those LST fans you know?????

Don't know what to get that hard to buy for LST fan or maybe someone that does not even know what an LST is but might learn to love them like we do?

I have the answer for you!!!!!

Keep paging down.......

Keep Going.........

Just a little bit further................

Give all of these people, plus the mailman, the milkman, the school teacher, the grouchy person down the street, and the nice person up the street, a 2009 LST Calendar.

We have plenty!

Just call Sandy at the office 812-435-8678 to place your order!!!

Last edited by hiindy on December 17th, 2008, 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

December 17th, 2008, 6:15 am #2

The Gator Gals haven't asked what I want this year for Christmas yet. So, in case they're wondering, I already have the LST calendar, sweatshirt, jacket, hat(s), visor, shot glass, bumper sticker, clicker, pins, coffee mug, T-shirts, magnets, and some stuff the Captain sold me that I can't identify. I also have an autographed Kipplees tab (IOU)from Rocky .

Gals, I look good in Blue, as you know. My shirt and jacket size is XL. Seabat cookies are always good too. Please email me for my home address since the office has limited storage space at Christmas time.

December 18th, 2008, 12:11 am #3

the Gator Gals have your address, all right....

If you would have worn that beautiful shirt we got you two years ago, we might consider getting you another...

December 18th, 2008, 12:13 am #4

Are you looking for something special for all those LST fans you know?????

Don't know what to get that hard to buy for LST fan or maybe someone that does not even know what an LST is but might learn to love them like we do?

I have the answer for you!!!!!

Keep paging down.......

Keep Going.........

Just a little bit further................

Give all of these people, plus the mailman, the milkman, the school teacher, the grouchy person down the street, and the nice person up the street, a 2009 LST Calendar.

We have plenty!

Just call Sandy at the office 812-435-8678 to place your order!!!

lots of great items in the ship's store... if you don't want to use the order blank, use the number posted and call them with your credit card information. Those ladies work hard to make sure each and every customer gets polite and friendly help and that items are shipped as soon as possible. Time is short... so don't delay!

December 18th, 2008, 10:34 pm #5

the Gator Gals have your address, all right....

If you would have worn that beautiful shirt we got you two years ago, we might consider getting you another...
We have just received in the office LST model kits,I hope, and LCVP model kits. They are $25.00 plus shipping About $8 depending on where you live. These are new. We sold 50 of them on the Miss. River trip. They would make an excellent Christmas gift. As for Chris, these models do take some ability to glue the pieces together in some sort of order to end up looking like an LST/LCVP. You need to be able to read directions, but more inportant you need to be able to follow directions! Some pieces are small and are not intended for children under 6. Port Shaft

December 20th, 2008, 9:39 am #6

I do have one of each model. And I have finished the LST model...well, kind of. One complaint I have is that there are not enough pictures in the instructions. Upon completion of the LST, I had some extra pieces . And my finished work looks more like the Yorktown than an LST. But then again, both have at least one elevator. I had to move the superstructure to one side and paint CV-5 on the sides. It looks pretty unique. But a word of warning....watch out for the glue fumes. I did get a little light-headed while completing the model in the ward room.

As for the LCVP model. I just started it and have requested help from Ray and Pete, members of our maintenance crew. They refused to even look at the instructions. From what I've seen thus far, I think we're gonna end up with either a PT boat or a PBR. I don't want to be critical at this point. Hopefully we can complete this project before Easter being as Pete and Ray are busy reinventing the wheel.

PS, I take umbrage at those cracks you made about inability to follow directions, small pieces, children under 6, etc. Just wait till we get pictures of the finished products on the progress reports!
Starboard Counter Ballast