Chris...

Chris...

February 1st, 2009, 3:41 am #1

Someone did a reconnaisance mission at the ship early this morning... they said that the parking lot COULD use that flamethrower. By the way, I was told how beautiful the sunrise was sparkling off of the ice on the trees.

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY FLT TECH!

February 1st, 2009, 9:28 am #2

It seems that the torch does a good job on ice and snow but experience has shown that is also has a negative effect on grey paint. I hope the Captain doesn't read this stuff .

Seabat, I did get some frostbite shimmying up that steel pole to put the LST Cam back up. I hope Bob Wilder and Scivvy Waver are happy.

February 1st, 2009, 2:54 pm #3

MANY THANKS to all those who are working on this! It's very much appreciated! I still can't access it from my area... but maybe they are tweaking the workings. It could also be that I need to adjust my settings. I'll try that.

As to the frostbite you have...
Last edited by SeaBat on February 1st, 2009, 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 1st, 2009, 6:34 pm #4

still unable to get camera

February 1st, 2009, 7:08 pm #5

It seems that the torch does a good job on ice and snow but experience has shown that is also has a negative effect on grey paint. I hope the Captain doesn't read this stuff .

Seabat, I did get some frostbite shimmying up that steel pole to put the LST Cam back up. I hope Bob Wilder and Scivvy Waver are happy.
Glad to hear camera is back up.. Sorry for the frozen body parts. BUT, I still do not have a picture. Just getting the same old scroll from 11/25/08.

February 1st, 2009, 9:46 pm #6

it seems the Courier folks are still trying to make it operational.

February 1st, 2009, 10:44 pm #7

Thanks, lets keep our fingers crossed

February 4th, 2009, 9:48 am #8

the gentlemen from the Courier Press was there again yesterday working on the camera. He will be back today and work on it again. He really is working hard to get it working for us. It is so time consuming when you have to order parts, and then wait for them to arrive. I told him we are anxiously awaiting for it to us and functionable again. He is a super nice guy and is as anxious to have it working as we are for it to work. Just thought I would give you an update.

February 4th, 2009, 12:09 pm #9

Please tell him all of us say a sincere thank you to him, and the Courier Press for providing the camera for all of us!

It's not fun for those who work outside in cold weather!

February 4th, 2009, 2:44 pm #10

MANY THANKS to all those who are working on this! It's very much appreciated! I still can't access it from my area... but maybe they are tweaking the workings. It could also be that I need to adjust my settings. I'll try that.

As to the frostbite you have...
Well, now that that darn camera is working I will have to find a place on the starboard side of the ship to take a nap so I won't get caught goofing off.