Chester, Illinois Reporting for Duty, Sir

Chester, Illinois Reporting for Duty, Sir

September 22nd, 2011, 3:34 pm #1

It was wonderful being on the ship at Chester, Illinois. The guys and the food were exceptional per usual. LST-325 simply rocks! Lois and the girls were slammed; working non-stop all day. They are so appreciated! Okay, the guys worked hard too and it was great seeing them although I might have missed a couple of ya. Bethany worked with the girls, earning more crew hours, while Lindy and I greeted, entertained and sold memberships.

You'll notice in the photo that I am no longer wearing the red nose. Simply stated, I am there to work, entertain and create smiles. To those I may have offended by previously wearing my red nose and make-up while in my uniform, let me take this opportunity to personally apologize to you - In no way did I intend to make light of or denigrate the uniform, any military uniform - Please accept my apology!

LST-325 has many fine Navy Veterans serving as crew and I salute them, they have my admiration and respect! Often they are seen in their uniforms representing the ship during ceremonial services and other times. I respect the pride and honor these men have wearing their uniforms. I served my country as a member of the USAF, now I serve LST-325. As a crew member of this ship's Navy, I am proud to wear my LST-325 uniform, honoring the ship, the uniform and my S1/c father who served during WWII in the Pacific Theatre on LST-783.

I like to have fun and entertain; it's what I do and what you'd expect from a clown, especially the grandson of Emmett Kelly. In Chester, I found I could have just as much fun entertaining our guests without the red nose. Again, please accept my apology!

Your friend and shipmate,

Joey
Last edited by Askerist on September 22nd, 2011, 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 23rd, 2011, 11:49 am #2

Sorry Garry and I missed you and your in Chester. We were only there for a while on Friday. We have a wonderful friend Brian who put the stop in Chester together and we were there to support him. It was good to visit the folks on board. You look most handsome in uniform. Maybe we will catch you at another stop another day. Love to you and the family.

September 24th, 2011, 11:31 am #3

It was wonderful being on the ship at Chester, Illinois. The guys and the food were exceptional per usual. LST-325 simply rocks! Lois and the girls were slammed; working non-stop all day. They are so appreciated! Okay, the guys worked hard too and it was great seeing them although I might have missed a couple of ya. Bethany worked with the girls, earning more crew hours, while Lindy and I greeted, entertained and sold memberships.

You'll notice in the photo that I am no longer wearing the red nose. Simply stated, I am there to work, entertain and create smiles. To those I may have offended by previously wearing my red nose and make-up while in my uniform, let me take this opportunity to personally apologize to you - In no way did I intend to make light of or denigrate the uniform, any military uniform - Please accept my apology!

LST-325 has many fine Navy Veterans serving as crew and I salute them, they have my admiration and respect! Often they are seen in their uniforms representing the ship during ceremonial services and other times. I respect the pride and honor these men have wearing their uniforms. I served my country as a member of the USAF, now I serve LST-325. As a crew member of this ship's Navy, I am proud to wear my LST-325 uniform, honoring the ship, the uniform and my S1/c father who served during WWII in the Pacific Theatre on LST-783.

I like to have fun and entertain; it's what I do and what you'd expect from a clown, especially the grandson of Emmett Kelly. In Chester, I found I could have just as much fun entertaining our guests without the red nose. Again, please accept my apology!

Joey
No need to apologize to me or a lot of the crew Joey I thought you and your family did a great job. We seen you in your clown uniform You representated the funny side of the service in a very respectfully way, I am just sorry I missed you representating the serious side. You don't look bad in a sailor uniform either. See you in the bilge this spring. We would have had fun away. Good sailing no matter where you go and how you represent your father and yourself.

September 24th, 2011, 12:58 pm #4

I agree with Jerry. It is great to see how you show that you are so proud of your father & grandfather. See you in the ring

Love you all
The Adams Family

September 25th, 2011, 4:10 am #5

Joey
I hope you have your RED NOSE on the next time I see you. Keep "clowning around"!

September 25th, 2011, 7:34 am #6

No need to apologize to me or a lot of the crew Joey I thought you and your family did a great job. We seen you in your clown uniform You representated the funny side of the service in a very respectfully way, I am just sorry I missed you representating the serious side. You don't look bad in a sailor uniform either. See you in the bilge this spring. We would have had fun away. Good sailing no matter where you go and how you represent your father and yourself.
Do you have something for me?

September 25th, 2011, 1:33 pm #7

With you Chris I just consider the source no apologies needed on your behalf.