CAPT and GOLD CREW.

CAPT and GOLD CREW.

April 8th, 2009, 2:10 pm #1

JJust a belated thank you to you and the GOLD CREW for bringing this old warrior back home to get the praise she deserves. I know personally what an ordeal it must have been to bring her home in her condition by way of the North Atlantic. We on the 338 came home that way but on a much sounder ship and it took us 23 days. So CAPT., from a bunch of old Amphibs still kicking around, you and your GOLD CREW have our ADMIRATION and THANKS. WE are with you all the way in your decisions about the 325.

April 8th, 2009, 3:41 pm #2

I entirely agree with the comments posted above. Where would the ship be without them?

April 8th, 2009, 4:03 pm #3

from your adopted SeaBat...

April 8th, 2009, 4:05 pm #4

JJust a belated thank you to you and the GOLD CREW for bringing this old warrior back home to get the praise she deserves. I know personally what an ordeal it must have been to bring her home in her condition by way of the North Atlantic. We on the 338 came home that way but on a much sounder ship and it took us 23 days. So CAPT., from a bunch of old Amphibs still kicking around, you and your GOLD CREW have our ADMIRATION and THANKS. WE are with you all the way in your decisions about the 325.
the Gold Crew. I can't imagine what they endured to bring one of the top loves of their lives here to all of us! (We all have heard the stories which are awsome but to actually endure it... WOW!) The work & personal expense of getting the old girl sailable was tremendous. Also all the ones who started the dream & stuck to it over the years as one disappointment after another came up to postpone their dreams until they actually got the 325 back to the USA. They never gave up.... they were determined. That group of men is indeed SPECIAL! They are the greatest generation!
Also thanks to all those who are able to give so much to keep the pretty lady in shape & sailable. I know some are able to be there more than others. Those that can't be there as much are there in spirit & heart for those who can be there. We appreciate what everyone does & watch for news & pictures to keep us in touch.

April 8th, 2009, 4:44 pm #5

Garry and I had been able to spend more time with the 325 when she came in to Mobile. We just haven't had enough time to bask in her glory. Once you step on her the first time you are in love with her already. It is always great when husband/wife teams have the same love, no spouse gets jealous. ha-ha. Thank you Captain and Gold Crew, I have gotten to know most of you and love all of you. You have taught me many valuable lessons I will never forget. Thank you.