CameraI

CameraI

February 20th, 2008, 9:46 pm #1

Is the camera down? I can not get it to come up.

Bob

February 21st, 2008, 3:35 am #2

Bob, not working here either. It comes and goes here from time to time.

LH

February 21st, 2008, 7:50 am #3

Bob
Yes it definately is down Bob. WEVV the CBS affiliate here on the riverfront also took a hit during the recent winter storm. They are currently over-the-air broadcasting on ch 36 instead of the usual 44. However cable stays the same.

Unsure as to when camera situation will improve since there is another ice storm coming in but noon Friday is a goal unless Murphy does a mega-dump on us.

February 21st, 2008, 2:11 pm #4

Bob
The Evansville Courier & Press newspaper owns the LST cam and is responsible for its operation (they pay the USS LST Ship Memorial a fee for the right to cam the ship).

The Courier & Press has been notified that the cam is down.

Hopefully it will be back on-line soon.

February 22nd, 2008, 12:27 am #5

cold for him to take it on? (jokey, jokey). I miss the cam... not that I watched it that often but when the weather is weird, I like to look at sunny 'Heavensville' & wish I was a little further south. Or, lately to see their ice & be glad Mother Nature went south! Guess we won't be watching the ice chippers & flame throwers on the cam now.

February 22nd, 2008, 2:25 am #6

flame thrower should get out his flame and do some melting of the ice there. I think it's needed.

February 22nd, 2008, 2:26 am #7

cold for him to take it on? (jokey, jokey). I miss the cam... not that I watched it that often but when the weather is weird, I like to look at sunny 'Heavensville' & wish I was a little further south. Or, lately to see their ice & be glad Mother Nature went south! Guess we won't be watching the ice chippers & flame throwers on the cam now.
Courier & Press technicians are coming by Friday at 11 a.m. to take a look.