BANQUET MEALS

BANQUET MEALS

February 8th, 2008, 11:03 am #1

Here is the menu for the LST Week Banquet. Something new for this year is a choice between two different entrees. When registering for LST Week PLEASE make sure and mark your choice in meals.

APE’S MEAL

Bosun' Chicken - Chicken Breast, braised with mushrooms, onions, garlic, and herbs
Hawser Line Linguini - Herb Linguini
Mosier’s Raiders Vegetables - Vegetable du Jour

SNIPE’S MEAL

Engineer's Pork Dijon - Loin of Pork, herb-crusted and marinated in French DiJon Mustard the grilled and sliced over buttermilk mashed potatos and finished with a mushroom boubon sauce

Motor Mack's Potatoes - Redskinned Mashed Potato
Mosier’s Raiders Vegetables - Vegetable du Jour

Both meals will be served with the following:

LST Crew Salad with Lite Ranch or French dressing
40 MM Rolls and butter
Captain's Delight Cheesecake with Strawberry Garnishment
Smooth Sailing Ice Tea
Cup of Joe (regular of Decaf)

We tried to offer a change for the banquet for this year and hope that you will find something that you like.

Garry and Tammy

February 8th, 2008, 12:09 pm #2

For those who were wondering if a tally was being kept between the Ape's Meal and the Snipe's Meal it is currently tied at 2 all. This may be the last report on this subject until the banquet.

I personally want to say APES RULE!!!!! With an ape keeping count we all know who is going to win this contest.

APE'S RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 8th, 2008, 1:05 pm #3

Garry how's the Mississippi River tour schedule coming? Has any of the crew been set?

February 8th, 2008, 2:01 pm #4

Gee, I wonder what the menu is going to be for the banquet.......

February 9th, 2008, 2:19 am #5

Garry how's the Mississippi River tour schedule coming? Has any of the crew been set?
This years voyage is still being worked on. I do not think anyone has even started looking at the crew status yet. Need to finish up on the ports first. I know that we still need to get permits that take about 155 days so maybe after we get through first review on permits we can share some information.

February 9th, 2008, 3:57 pm #6

For those who were wondering if a tally was being kept between the Ape's Meal and the Snipe's Meal it is currently tied at 2 all. This may be the last report on this subject until the banquet.

I personally want to say APES RULE!!!!! With an ape keeping count we all know who is going to win this contest.

APE'S RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's a difficult choice! Both meals sound yummy... and since I have good buddies on both the snipe and ape crews... decisions, decisions!

February 10th, 2008, 2:44 am #7

Gee, I wonder what the menu is going to be for the banquet.......
ha ha - Sorry Don but the USN rules the waves & rivers too
I bet you guys never got geedunk or pogey bait either!
That's a great banquet menu, Tammy!
Maybe you can offer some Charlie Noble after dinner snacks for anyone who doesn't have enough to eat & let 'em fill their canteens full of steam while they stand watch over the mail buoy

PS. Don't get too rattled . . my Dad was a WWII jarhead & MP at that!
Last edited by PatInSpace on February 10th, 2008, 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 10th, 2008, 4:05 am #8

I'm not sure what you mean. I do know that AIRDALES should never be compared to jarheads (sorry larry). Airdales are always on top.

As far as the jargon is concerned. I understand it completely even though it's not alway anotomically correct......

February 10th, 2008, 1:34 pm #9

OK Don, maybe you could get some "Bomber Beans" or "Missile Manicotti" added to the menu just for your "Top Gun" buddies
I know the USMC got used to eating anything according to my Dad who said the sand at Parris Island gave it a special flavor & texture! I suppose that is where the term "True Grit" came from? We'll have to see what Larry says about that

February 10th, 2008, 2:07 pm #10

The sands of Parris Island were not really very appetizing. The reason behind this is there are too many "sand flea's" mixed in and all that protein made the sand bitter.

The sands further north were better for flavor.

I have had and do enjoy "poggy Bait".

Larry