And the work never ends...

And the work never ends...

April 11th, 2009, 2:42 pm #1

Here is a good picture of Nick showing Chris how to clean a refrigerator.
The owner of the appliance is restricted information and all other details
will be held in confidence until we see if the fridge still works.

April 11th, 2009, 3:42 pm #2

April 1st? Looks like an April Fools joke to me..... Chris working!?!?!?! Also notice Nick looks like he's been working & Chris as usual is clean & nicely dressed... hmmmmm.... who is doing the work? (Not that Nick doesn't look nice... you can just tell he's been working!) I hope the fridge worked after it's cleaning! Good work guys, if you work enough we might have some slack time during work week. (Ahhhh, I must wake up from that dream that there won't be any work!) The work never ends but that also brings fun & friends together to visit a great lady friend - the LST325! Keep up the good work! See you soon!

April 11th, 2009, 5:57 pm #3

You missed a spot. If we don't get all the fingerprints off this thing the Marines might find out who stole their beer.

April 11th, 2009, 8:31 pm #4

A wire brush to clean a refrigerator???? That's some SERIOUS build up, there..

Chris.. are you sure you shouldn't have had a respirator?

Nick, you did a great job supervising!!!!

April 12th, 2009, 7:39 am #5

I'm not gonna say whose fridge this is but it's home is in a state room just starboard of the ward room pantry. Kenny and Nick were perplexed after nuking the "growth" with bleach and other house hold cleaners, to no avail. Kenny was about to use a flame thrower on the growth. But Nick had the presence of mind to call me.

They called me in on a weekday because of my 40-hour HAZMAT training. After a little acidizing and some wire brush action, the fridge was saved and reinstalled in Shaft's, er, I mean, a stateroom. And yes the compressor did kick on. So, Kenny, your a-- is covered and all is well. The microbes are dead and only a little bit of the plastic liner is "compromised".

Shaft, we need to talk about household hygeine!

April 12th, 2009, 7:42 am #6

April 1st? Looks like an April Fools joke to me..... Chris working!?!?!?! Also notice Nick looks like he's been working & Chris as usual is clean & nicely dressed... hmmmmm.... who is doing the work? (Not that Nick doesn't look nice... you can just tell he's been working!) I hope the fridge worked after it's cleaning! Good work guys, if you work enough we might have some slack time during work week. (Ahhhh, I must wake up from that dream that there won't be any work!) The work never ends but that also brings fun & friends together to visit a great lady friend - the LST325! Keep up the good work! See you soon!
NOT FUNNY!

April 12th, 2009, 7:09 pm #7

I'm not gonna say whose fridge this is but it's home is in a state room just starboard of the ward room pantry. Kenny and Nick were perplexed after nuking the "growth" with bleach and other house hold cleaners, to no avail. Kenny was about to use a flame thrower on the growth. But Nick had the presence of mind to call me.

They called me in on a weekday because of my 40-hour HAZMAT training. After a little acidizing and some wire brush action, the fridge was saved and reinstalled in Shaft's, er, I mean, a stateroom. And yes the compressor did kick on. So, Kenny, your a-- is covered and all is well. The microbes are dead and only a little bit of the plastic liner is "compromised".

Shaft, we need to talk about household hygeine!
Chris, when I saw the picture, I said to myself, I believe it looks sort of familiar (the refrig), that is. Since it was under water for several days, had water and ice inside when I saw it on the seventh day, I am surprised it runs, but not surprised it has growth inside. My food stuff was ruined, canned refreshment looked OK, I throwed out the bad, plugged it in and it ran. I told Kenny to unplug it after a day or two, but he must not have opened the door -- that must have caused the fungus growth, because I cleaned it in 05! With you looking inside of it all the time and removing some of the contents, I am surprised at the amount of growth. Thanks guys, I will be needing that next week! The gator gals are coming! Are you going to re-stock it? Shaft

April 13th, 2009, 11:51 pm #8

What kind of bug juice do you like, Captain.. grape? strawberry? lemonade?

April 14th, 2009, 10:59 pm #9

Seabat -- I like them all, but the best always starts with Miller. Chis likes that stuff also, so some times I put diet Pepsi in the front for him. I hope that bright shine doesn't hurt my eyes when I open the door. of course I will always have some for you. Pay for cookies Shaft

April 15th, 2009, 7:15 am #10

Yes I've been known to raid your ice cream supply on occasion. I don't recall any Miller ice cream in there but Blue Bird was in abundance. And it was our pleasure to "vaporize" the growth and restore your fridge to usable condition. However, if you want new ice cream in there by the Paducah trip, you better apply to Ship's Stores. They can be contacted at 1-800-who-givsaship.