31 days and counting.......

31 days and counting.......

August 15th, 2012, 11:48 pm #1

Well, today marks the 1 month countdown till we shove off for Nashville. I'm sure everyone is excited about the up-coming trip. I look forward to seeing everyone again, just hope I'm not needed for anything other than standing watch, but I'll bring supplies just in case. John, have you saved Rack 18 and my locker for me as I marked when I left from work week? Are we expecting any problems with the water level or do we know yet? Do we have any "pink" paint or Harry's camo left on the ship? It's a bummer living so far away and still working. You're a great bunch of guys and fun to work with.

August 16th, 2012, 5:07 pm #2

16 AUG 12 / 1153hrs
DON : Great to have you along on this LST-325 tour mission to Nashville and Clarksville. Looking forward to a great time with you and the crew, share some war stories and some fun. One thing I enjoy on these mission, I get to meet some some great veterans and hear some great war stories you don't find in history books. Over the years I have collected a good many war stories from veterans and share them with folks I meet in the waiting line for the LST tour as General Patton. Hope you get your number 18 bunk and locker, you take care see and crew soon. SARGE

August 18th, 2012, 1:58 am #3

Well, today marks the 1 month countdown till we shove off for Nashville. I'm sure everyone is excited about the up-coming trip. I look forward to seeing everyone again, just hope I'm not needed for anything other than standing watch, but I'll bring supplies just in case. John, have you saved Rack 18 and my locker for me as I marked when I left from work week? Are we expecting any problems with the water level or do we know yet? Do we have any "pink" paint or Harry's camo left on the ship? It's a bummer living so far away and still working. You're a great bunch of guys and fun to work with.
Now that we know where your rack is, don't be surprised if you find it short sheeted.

August 19th, 2012, 8:00 pm #4

they'll do it, too!

@Bob... finished my class...

August 21st, 2012, 9:25 pm #5

Less they forget, when they start sneaking around, I'm the one with sharp pointy things. Anyone need vacinated................

Line up on the port side for your penicillin shots before taking shoreleave in Nashville..........

August 25th, 2012, 1:17 pm #6

I think they'll leave you alone, Doc... everyone relies on you to keep us healthy when on board. I was told a long time ago the three people on board you don't want to pull pranks on were the CO, the Galley Chief and the Doc!

Thanks for your service to LST 325 and her crew!

August 25th, 2012, 9:38 pm #7

XO's are always good targets.

A shipmate who had been on SSBN's always told of the time the door to the XO's stateroom disappeared a week into a patrol. Needless to say Zone Inspections were brutal, as the XO was looking for the door.

I understand it is somewhere between Greenland and Norway.