Your Sleep Is Interrupted By Strange Noises

Feb 27 2013, 03:14 PM #1

My character is crawling with exhaustion but cannot sleep because the second I try, I get the message my sleep is interrupted by strange noises. I have tried about 20 timesI have crawled all over the map, trying different chunks, trying to sleep in a shelter, on my settlement chunk, and in a village in a building with all the doors closed, but I get this message every single time. Its the same whether I use extended menu to sleeo or just keep crawling until I pass out.

Does anyone know what causes this and any solution? Its a fairly new character and I do not have any rituals yet except the hunting and fire starting ones, so I can't use the ones that aid in sleeping.

Feb 27 2013, 03:34 PM #2

Odd. Have you done something to seriously offend the spirits? I can't think of anything non bug related.

Feb 27 2013, 05:53 PM #3

I had that happen with a Kuikka HHA in winter start, wasn't fun, only had request for a catch and hunting incantation. Dude could only sleep for 2 hours for a long time, eventually I unlocked safety of the night and then he was merely woken up by the forest being terrifying.

Feb 27 2013, 07:19 PM #4

That just happened to me, i think it was a bug I closed the game and the next time i tried to sleep it was fixed.

Feb 27 2013, 09:55 PM #5

I think it was a bug also. Unfortunately difficult to document how it occurs. Anyway I was getting zero sleep per attempt and after trying 20+ times in various areas, I saved and logged out to research it, later when I logged back in I could sleep as normal. So relogging seems to fix whatever it was.

Mar 9 2013, 12:35 AM #6

I finally got this message. I got it on a relatively new character who had been systematically hunting down all of the reindeer in a herd, one every couple of days. I didn't do any sacrifices because the character doesn't have any sacrifice rituals.

After being unable to sleep despite being too tired to walk, I moved the character to the named region to the north (I moved from Suurkosket region to Liinakosket region). I was able to sleep fine there. I strongly suspect that I angered the spirits in Suurkosket with my hunting activity.

Edit: after sleeping, I returned to Suurkosket and worked through the day; I was able to sleep the next night there without logging off. I haven't any more deer, though.
It's good to be back...

Mar 9 2013, 01:40 AM #7

that happened to me earlier today. I eventually figured out that it meant my dog was barking to warn me about a fox in a trap on my settlement. i killed the fox and then i could sleep.

Mar 9 2013, 03:45 AM #8

Same thing happened to me, only with wolves.

I was trying to sleep and was awoken by "strange noises" like three times, then I went outside and noticed my dog barking in alarm. Turns out a pack of wolves were happily dining on my cow.

Evuul
Evuul

Mar 12 2013, 04:09 AM #9

Guys, when indeed arent strange noises, it happens when you try to sleep while running. Had a hard time finding it out! :P

Oct 4 2015, 08:17 AM #10

Posting because Google brought me to this page. I also got this message while building my cabin. I suspect that all my tree-felling activity angered the spirits in the area. I tried the safety of the night prayer and it didn't work, so I looked up this thread and tried greeting the supernatural guardian. That worked.

coraroseberry
coraroseberry

Jul 27 2016, 12:32 AM #11

Foxes chased a squirrel up a tree. Killed one of the foxes and I could sleep again.

Aug 5 2016, 05:36 AM #12

I think this is supposed to only happen if you sleep on the "road" tiles that connect the villages to each other.

Never had it occur anywhere else, sounds like a bug.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bedlam's Njerpez Cookery Mod
For URW 3.30+

Aug 5 2016, 07:12 AM #13

Aleep on road give nightmares not noise. Strange noises are usually cause by nearby aggressive activities. Rare situation include running-sleeping, rowing-sleeping and nearby fleeing. Most should already got fixed. And please stop resurrecting old threads.

Jul 26 2018, 08:31 PM #14

Does murdering a whole walled village anger the spirits? LOL

Because I can't sleep near that village, and the whole idea was to take everything, buildings included.

EDIT: oh, nevermind, it was a sole survivor... taken care of it LOL

Confirmation of reply: