Size Specific Animal Purchases

Read-only archive. No posts as of May 2017 due to new forums.

Size Specific Animal Purchases

15 May 2017, 15:49 #1

Previously mentioned rise of the young animals needed some serious tweaks to animal generation routines and structures and I kind of got buried in there now making a few improvements here and there. We'll be seeing some animal descriptions adjustments, and on-the-fly gender based animal description generation which actually doesn't really make that much difference to what the players get to see. (There will be things like male elk description to be changed from stag to "bull elk", and domestic pigs being named after their gender as sows and boars.)
But the work with animal routines leads to some more concrete spin-off improvements as well, of which I'll now highlight the size specific animal purchases.

Upon purchasing animals you may now get to choose small or big animals from the list. NPCs still decide which animals they wish to sell so the preferred size is not always on the list, but the animal description now always matches what you'll get. For example, if you go for purchasing a sheep with no size mentioned you are guaranteed to get that average size sheep - not a big or small one.

Big dogs, anyone?
- Sami, UnReal World creator, sami@unrealworld.fi

This could be a good day to utilize your squirrels hides.

17 May 2017, 16:36 #2

Nice touch, though it would be more useful with bulls than with dogs, I guess. Currently the animals are in a kind of queue, and they leave it only if purchased/deceased or - rarely - when involved in quests (and then they go to the end of the queue). So to buy this big cow/bull it is required to purchase all the preceding animals in the queue. Dogs, being relatively cheap, and useful, are good purchase even if small. Bulls not so much :)