Noro, Cars, Night Of The Elks, Thanks, Video Works

Read-only archive. No posts as of May 2017 due to new forums.

Noro, Cars, Night Of The Elks, Thanks, Video Works

24 Jul 2016, 17:34 #1

Oh how scattered the past weeks have been. First I was hit by norovirus, or similar aggressive vomiting bug which struck me to bed for almost a week. After recovering there was half a week of healthy and (code) productive days, and then my car got sick ie. broke to a state of not drivable. I was able to order some spare parts and get them delivered, but three full oily days of fixing it didn't help to get it back on the road and next week I'm off to tug it to car repair shop.

Oh well, those were the setbacks, and here are the highlights.

Few days ago I went for a full moon walk down the village roads and edges of the forest. After some walking I stopped to enjoy the atmosphere at small meadow beside the road and soon heard something moving in the long hay and bushes only ten meters away or so. It sounded like small creature. Maybe a badger, hedgehog or a fox I thought and didn't care to go check it closer. I continued chilling out in the moonlight, but after a while further away there was louder rustle and branches snapping indicating a bigger creature moving there. And oh yes, a young elk came into a view there about 50 meters away. It had moved very silently and carefully before, as they can do. It wandered among the bushes and sapling for some time, not paying too much attention to me now that it was a safe distance away. Nice! I haven't spotted elks in the wild for a good while so it was very nice incident. The sun had already set when I started to walk back home, but got surprised one more time. Walking down the road, thinking things and feeling happy about meeting an elk I suddenly heard rustle from the road bank and all of a sudden another elks comes from the woods on the sandy village road. And it's very close, only ten meters away. It sees me, but doesn't even turn its' head while gently walking across the road and disappearing into the woods on the other side. Oh my. Night of the elks.

About thanks and video works then. Video works have been on pause for a good while, but now we're getting more active with it again. See, I've recently gotten a decent video camera so a new era of video works is to begin. We've already got a new Thank You video greeting filmed and edited, and it's a matter of days to put it live. What have brought in a little delay is the fact that we'd like to get the video works available as DLC for Steam purchasers. I've been fooling around with Steam settings, things are awaiting for moderation, and hopefully the next week we'll be able to launch video greetings there as well.

Besides the Thank You videos we also have plans to get a separate standalone short-film done during the summer. Something in the spirit of UnReal World and Mouth-Harp Avenger. But you'll hear more about that when it gets more concrete.
- Sami, UnReal World creator, sami@unrealworld.fi

This could be a good day to utilize your squirrels hides.

30 Jul 2016, 08:00 #2

What are you doing? Spotting a herd of elks roaming near a village like that is a rare gift!! And you let them get away? It's a prime opportunity to acquire 5-6 nice elk furs and 250kg of nice elk meat right next to the place of sale! Easy and safe. You would be rich after that!

31 Jul 2016, 07:50 #3

Tsambo @ Jul 30 2016, 08:00 AM wrote: What are you doing? Spotting a herd of elks roaming near a village like that is a rare gift!! And you let them get away? It's a prime opportunity to acquire 5-6 nice elk furs and 250kg of nice elk meat right next to the place of sale! Easy and safe. You would be rich after that!
Not in summer. You can't dry that meat. Although a smokehouse is always an option.